SCV 2016

I watched SCV and BD from last night and don't really understand why scv is 2+ points behind Devils? SCV seems cleaner and more coherent than BD at the moment. I wonder how much better they would have to be for the judges to put them over BD -something that hasn't happened in a long while?

SCV fans ALWAYS say this year in and year out. I was there. SC was good. SCV is always 1.5 to 2 pts behind at the beginning. I see BD spreading this to 3 points by mid season and farther. If memory serves me the last time SCV beat BD was in 2007.

SCV fans ALWAYS say this year in and year out. I was there. SC was good. SCV is always 1.5 to 2 pts behind at the beginning. I see BD spreading this to 3 points by mid season and farther. If memory serves me the last time SCV beat BD was in 2007.

Your memory is correct. This may be the best SCV corps in years due to their improved brass line. I don't think they will catch BD, but I think a medal is definitely a possibility.

• Like 1

And from what I hear, there is more to be added to the show. I also sense there might be a potential spot for a Vanguard yell...

I know EXACTLY where there should be one... Right before the big impact in "After The Storm."
  • Like 1

I'm not particularly an SCV fan and appreciate how great BD is but just wanted to pose the question because there must be a high psychological step for a judge to put someone over BD esp in say guard (& BD guard right now is not finished nor cleaner than SCV- granted they probably have a better range but right NOW I'd say that was marginal). So I guess I am saying it takes a brave judge to put BD 2nd- esp in those captions they have dominated for a good while

Edited by DCI-86

Was at the show last night and man... they were amazing. I'm biased as they are my favorite but their show compared to everyone else's was just refreshing. It seems like while everyone else is going over the top nowadays, they are going with a minimalist show design. It's beautiful and elegant. From what I see they definitely have a couple of minutes to add to the show. A signature quiet ending perhaps?

A complete antithesis to what the Bluecoats and Blue Devils are doing and I love it.

And as everyone else has said---that opener. I want that opening chime to be my ringtone.

• Like 1

Does anyone know SCV's housing/rehearsal site for their Oregon show, Drums of Fire, July 2? The calendar still says TBA.