Blue Devils 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOVBdmHXqDM

Some changes in staging again. Feels like the props have moved up the field even further in certain parts of the show to give off the illusion of a smaller field. Closer's music changed a little and restaged. Solo in ballad also modified slightly. Might not have picked up all the changes.

Very curious to see what they do with that closer. We all know it's not finished. I get the feeling they will not go with the "charge the front" ending we've seen so often. Also can't wait to see what they do with that run up to the final push after the hurricane drill.

• Like 2

Very curious to see what they do with that closer. We all know it's not finished. I get the feeling they will not go with the "charge the front" ending we've seen so often. Also can't wait to see what they do with that run up to the final push after the hurricane drill.

Last year's closer drill was incredibly difficult and high tempo and I'm sure they're going to do something similar this year. I hope they still rush to the front in some capacity, even if it's in a more organized fashion like they did in 2014.

I think I'm even more interested in what they do musically. Most of 2015, I found BD's closer to be meh, but those final changes they made in the last week or two made a HUGE difference. Everything ended up fitting together.

• Like 1

3 days of cleaning coming up for BD. Excited to see if they add some changes to the show. Big weekend coming up for BD.

• Like 1

Their 24 trombones blew me away last night! I think this is one of the better shows BD has put on the field. All captions seem to be extremely strong. I do like the new panels on the scaffolding. BD appeared to be much louder (aggressive) than SCV or Troopers last night. I don't remember seeing the closer last night in Denver. I think this was new.

• Like 3

Their 24 trombones blew me away last night! I think this is one of the better shows BD has put on the field. All captions seem to be extremely strong. I do like the new panels on the scaffolding. BD appeared to be much louder (aggressive) than SCV or Troopers last night. I don't remember seeing the closer last night in Denver. I think this was new.

What was new about it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOVBdmHXqDM

Some changes in staging again. Feels like the props have moved up the field even further in certain parts of the show to give off the illusion of a smaller field. Closer's music changed a little and restaged. Solo in ballad also modified slightly. Might not have picked up all the changes.

I really like this show!

There is a fun guard feature in the above video starting at the 5:40 mark. One set of guard members stands in front of the panels and then slips behind them as they are replaced by another set of guard members. The two groups go back and forth. Then at the 6:08 mark the last group places their flags against the panels and walks away as the flags seem to spin on their own (being spun by guard members with their hands holding the flag through a hole in the panel).

I don't think this has made it into the show yet as I saw a video of a more recent performance where it wasn't included. I hope they work out some of the kinks and keep it in the show (notice the problems with the panel on 35 yard line).

Edited by Fish