Blue Devils 2016

They should just give The Blue Devils the trophy, now, and get it over with.

I wouldn't go quite that far. BD always has to earn a title. Frankly, I don't think Cavs beat SCV tonight, but you never know. It truly has been a "one show has no relation to another" scorewise, but we're going to start seeing things come into focus over the next week or two. Cavs will be the common link between the Cadets/Crown/Coats/Phantom contingent and the BD/SCV/Madison/BK bunch. Should be able to deduce at least a little relativity, especially with the detailed recap information so generously offered by DCI. :blink:

• Like 1

That wasn't necessary. How about you explain why Cowtown's points are wrong instead of launching ad hominem attacks.

It's Drum Corps Planet. "You're not from around here, are you?"

Three points sounds about right. #### near put up four on SCV the other night.

I'm wondering if Cavies can beat SCV tonight.

Yeah, I would say BD is (at least) 5 over Cavies and 3 over SCV. BD is just unbelievable.

Edited by henry7184
  • Like 3

Nominating this for ridiculous post of the year. The guys never use sabres? Did you even watch the show last year? Or the year before? It's more than just checking boxes on a list.

It's not wrong to say that BD generally goes with a Women = sabres, Men = rifle split, but that's traditional colorguard for ya. It's not really a *flaw* in their design (even Crown opts to do it sometimes, like in their closer last year), and ya, they break that rule with men on sabres every year. It never seems arbitrary to me, but I guess I'm open to the view that it is.

Oh, wow. the thematic consistency appeals very much to my inner nerd, tbh

Can somebody explain Blue Devil's sailboat to me?

It's crude, it almost looks like a children's toy, or something that was hand made as a gift for a child. But now that I've seen it up close, I can see pieces of the drill formations are parts of the sailboat, such as the bow. (prow?)

It's the only thing that is out of place with the professionalism of the other props. Obviously that's intentional, and somebody knows the answer. :cool: