Cavalcade of Brass - Lisle, Illinois July 2nd.

Can you clarify what you mean here? According to the scores posted at DCI, Legends and Genesis were only 0.20 apart, being tied in music, with Legends taking visual and Genesis taking general effect.

(The big surprise was that Genesis dropped more than 8 pts. from the previous night.)

Sorry, I must've heard the scores wrong (I had it in my mind that Genesis scores 46.

Is it safe to say crowd enthusiasm has an influence on score after the inflated scores in Muncie?

Most would say no, but you could make the argument that poor crowd enthusiasm deflates the corps, especially after say the first tune when the marching members feel no energy for their hard work. From that point on it's possible for the corps' performance to "flatten."

So there could be some truth to this.

Overall, however, I feel scores were likely more in line with where they should be. Muncie did seem a bit inflated. Honestly, who knows what is realistic, too low, or too high at this point? With so many partial judging panels, mixed with a few full panels, and the variety of different judges seeing your show night to night, a corps will get all kinds of reads.

It's got to be tough on corps staff early in the season. They themselves know what they need to fix, change, edit, tweak. But they also get numerous opinions (mostly different) on what they should do, kind of like going to 20 doctors who can't agree on anything.

Edited by jwillis35
  • Like 1

Looking at the captions being judged, I say Cavaliers gain on Crown. Their, and everyone else's deficiency to Crown was the Music caption, so we'll see how things go tonight for the corps.

Cavies almost beat Crown in visual. Take out Guard and Crown visual not stellar. Mute point since guard is and should be counted but some changes to drill for Crown I suspect.

Cavies almost beat Crown in visual. Take out Guard and Crown visual not stellar. Mute point since guard is and should be counted but some changes to drill for Crown I suspect.

Wut

I love my cavies, but I don't know if they will ever catch Crown. Not this season, I was absolutely blown away by Carolina Crown. I knew after seeing them in theatres they would be my favorite to win but I wasn't aware of how much they have improved since. Absolutely terrific brass. Cavies have a better drumline, but I don't think their brass will ever catch up to crown's IMO but I hope they prove me wrong because I would love to see the Cavies on top

Friendly reminder that more randomness in judging is what everyone wanted.

Now you're getting what you asked for

• Like 3

I love my cavies, but I don't know if they will ever catch Crown. Not this season, I was absolutely blown away by Carolina Crown. I knew after seeing them in theatres they would be my favorite to win but I wasn't aware of how much they have improved since. Absolutely terrific brass. Cavies have a better drumline, but I don't think their brass will ever catch up to crown's IMO but I hope they prove me wrong because I would love to see the Cavies on top

We don't expect the Cavaliers to beat Crown or medal. We see them hopefully in contention for 5th and if we're lucky 4th.

• Like 1