Warrensburg Wateringhole

Sorry. I was just getting bored during INT.

Their show is a little modern for my taste. INT gets weirder every year.
  • Like 1

At stadium the water fountains do not work. No cold water in bathroom sinks to drink, just scalding hot. So lines for water are so long you have to miss corps. Buildings across street are locked and have signs to "use stadium". REALLY SUCKS. I'm so thirsty.

A little birdie says you can use the concessions behind the backfield stands ...

SCV takes the field so well. From the stately processional to the smiles in the pit. These kids clearly enjoy doing this show. It's starting to feel a bit like Phantom and Into The Light. They knew it might not win, but they were proud to be doing something beautiful and special.

Side note: BD used the trombones as a gimmick WAY too much. We know they have slides guys... you don't have to keep reminding us the entire first half of the show.

Not just BD are guilty of this. I get the vibe with way too many corps that 'we are toting out all these horns because we can'. More often than not, they don't add anything over and above the traditional voice they are replacing. (I think Cadets horn feature would be much more musical on mellos myself...)

i feel the same about just about every show of late.

but this is what DCI is becoming, whether we like it or not.

there's just enough focus on music for me to keep going right now. we'll see about the future.

I wonder what the longest horns up stretch is this year, or at least the longest that the brass play? One would expect something like 3:30, which is around how long a typical opener lasts, but I doubt that it's anywhere near that this year.