Staff merri-go-round

Amen. A ton of disgraceful stuff in this thread and frankly on this site anymore

Logging out and may never be back

It's about time.

• Like 2

Two thoughts;

It's sad to hear so many bad things I've heard about Hopkins/Cadets staff culture confirmed over this season. The kids, staff, and Cadets' history deserve better. They are one of the all time great drum corps and their legacy didn't deserve to be tarnished by the stranglehold of a director.

Some people here are way too close to the matters to talk about them with a level head. Some of the Hopkins defenders here are just sad when his issues are common knowledge throughout the activity. I haven't seen anyone leverage personal attacks at him here, only professional criticisms which he absolutely deserves, doubly so since he makes his position such a public spectacle.

Maybe less transparency would have been better. Sometimes it's better to just keep quiet..lol

BUT then again ,,, it's George

Two thoughts;

It's sad to hear so many bad things I've heard about Hopkins/Cadets staff culture confirmed over this season. The kids, staff, and Cadets' history deserve better. They are one of the all time great drum corps and their legacy didn't deserve to be tarnished by the stranglehold of a director.

Some people here are way too close to the matters to talk about them with a level head. Some of the Hopkins defenders here are just sad when his issues are common knowledge throughout the activity. I haven't seen anyone leverage personal attacks at him here, only professional criticisms which he absolutely deserves, doubly so since he makes his position such a public spectacle.

The same can be said for some of those who criticize at every turn. They cannot talk about it with a level head either. If you haven't seen personal attacks against him, then you haven't been here long enough. Those who were a part of the organization should be able to feel a certain way when we hear such things about a director driving people away. Those who infer that people who defend him accept everything that he does don't seem to realize that most of us choose not to make negative thoughts public as most people like to do.

• Like 1

The same can be said for some of those who criticize at every turn. They cannot talk about it with a level head either. If you haven't seen personal attacks against him, then you haven't been here long enough. Those who were a part of the organization should be able to feel a certain way when we hear such things about a director driving people away. Those who infer that people who defend him accept everything that he does don't seem to realize that most of us choose not to make negative thoughts public as most people like to do.

I completely understand and respect your position. I can only imagine how all of this stuff makes alumni feel.

You weren't one of the people I was referring to, by the way. Your posts are always level.

I completely understand and respect your position. I can only imagine how all of this stuff makes alumni feel.

You weren't one of the people I was referring to, by the way. Your posts are always level.

Some of us have only heard rumors with no real confirmation until now. The ability to anonymously review an employer online had definitely opened up opportunities for former yea folks to openly speak about what goes on to a larger audience.

Without making any value judgements on what was posted on Glassdoor specifically, the mere availability opens up the ability of former employees of any company to post whatever they wish, under as many names as they wish, whether true or not.

It is quite possible that these particular posts are the rantings of one or two people. It is also possible that the general theme of the 'reviews' are true even if those are the work of a couple of disgruntled former workers with an axe to grind. Who knows?

I guess my point is not to place too much credence on the writing of anonymous people.

Believe me, I have heard multiple times about GH and how people have a hard time working with him, and I have seen the effects of that even when I marched. But I chose not to speak on it because I have not been involved directly with the organization since August 11, 2000 and I cannot in my right mind speak negatively of anyone when I am only a spectator and have not seen or experienced it directly.

• Like 1

Any news (or rumors lets be honest) on other corps besides Cadets?

there's at least one source on reddit claiming that Tim Snyder resigned from Troopers yesterday.

there's at least one source on reddit claiming that Tim Snyder resigned from Troopers yesterday.

Yeah....over the altercation in the lot after Semis.

Bummer...he was NOT in the wrong, but may have felt the need to resign to protect the corps overall.