Staff merri-go-round

Here we go with another stupid, stupid topic post this season: "Staff merri-go-round"

First of all - idiot - it's MERRY-go-round, not MERRI-go-round. Learn how to spell, and screw your rumor B.S. Whom ever rumors and gossips about staff like this, you sound like an old gossipy worn out fat cow grandmother who gets upset and outraged when Walmart is all out of their favorite flavor of Kaopectate.

Cheers.

Have you ever tried cherry kaopectate? I get ###### when they run out of vanilla.

• Like 1

. I'm not an alum but I support the corps in a few ways. I've done some crying the last few days and now, I just have to laugh. The Cadets will survive this but it's going to be a little painful. I know this pain. I'm a lifelong Cubs fan. Look where we are now.

Terri, In response to you.

Cadets are the Cadets. If in fact some staff are leaving and there is this rep. ( earned by Hop for sure ) there will be others to take their place . Will it hurt? maybe, maybe not. Maybe a shake up is good. We shall see. Staff and member retention is very important for sure. Personally I think there were some very bad choices for some staff this year BUT they did what they could within their means. All one has to do is look at some , yes in finals, with the revolving door of promises and I might say very talented staff yet it's not working. One has to ask why, money? alumni? other staff?, direction?, the board? One can only look at themselves, hopefully without the rose colored glasses on to decide this BUT there are reasons. Staff moving on possibly to other places doesn't guarantee success there either ( most often it doesn't work with what people think they are getting) Successful staff is a a combination of many things including all being on the same page, personalities, a clear vision, communication, dedication, humility ( a tough one ) compromise ( another hard one for some ) and several other things. This does NOT come easy and never is done by one person.

So bottom line is , this corps has been in much worse positions and will survive and figure whatever out. Look at Cavies, some thought they were done finished, they can never move up again.. hmmmmmmm

Also though to do this the powers to be have to look at themselves 1st before pointing fingers. Another tough one for some, we see it every day but if this can't be done then, as we have seen with others, it becomes very difficult.

Edited by GUARDLING
  • Like 3

Amen. A ton of disgraceful stuff in this thread and frankly on this site anymore

Logging out and may never be back

The sad part about this whole thing is how people seem to be taking pleasure in this. The situation of the staff leaving based on the actions and attitude of one man is completely devastating, and given the influence Cadets have had on this activity, in my opinion, this news should not be taken lightly. But I forgot where I am. DCP sometimes can be a deep abyss full of hate and vitriol. Instead of meaningful suggestions or solutions, you get immature jokes and pleasure for the failing of a drum corps. Yet in the same tongue, you get people wishing certain corps were still in existence.

• Like 2

Jay is out

Jeff is not returning

Colin is out

Gino looks to be out

Sully who knows

Marching guys I guess left after Florida

I am hearing that the guard people are out (least confident about this one_

And yes, the YEA board is basically a board only in that it exists. It doesn't function with the fiduciary duty that such a body legally should.

I have it on a reliable source that the guard staff will mostly be in tact for the next season. There may be a change her or there but the bulk of them are apparently returning.

Amen. A ton of disgraceful stuff in this thread and frankly on this site anymore

Logging out and may never be back

AcBrIIx.gif

• Like 5

The sad part about this whole thing is how people seem to be taking pleasure in this. The situation of the staff leaving based on the actions and attitude of one man is completely devastating, and given the influence Cadets have had on this activity, in my opinion, this news should not be taken lightly. But I forgot where I am. DCP sometimes can be a deep abyss full of hate and vitriol. Instead of meaningful suggestions or solutions, you get immature jokes and pleasure for the failing of a drum corps. Yet in the same tongue, you get people wishing certain corps were still in existence.

Not me. I have a very deep respect for Cadets and will hate to see things go bad for them.

• Like 1

Not me. I have a very deep respect for Cadets and will hate to see things go bad for them.

Knowing very little about the internals of the YEA organization, if all the reviews are true... the bad is that this situation existed for apparently many years without anything being done about it. The good may be that changes may be happening that while painful in the short term, may be better for the health of the organization long term. With that in mind... maybe those that seem a bit happy about this arent entirely in the wrong.