Staff merri-go-round

As much as I hate to admit it, the Cadets are like the Cowboys. Jerry was at the owner and GM. He negatively effected the team by trying to be in both rolls and do things the way they were done before and were successful. Now Steven Jones operates as GM and things are better.

I think the solution is get a GM/designer. Let them move the corps in the right direction. It will also give Hop the time to be the director as well as keep the indoor group operational. I really don't think they need to get rid of anyone.

Jay is out

Jeff is not returning

Colin is out

Gino looks to be out

Sully who knows

Marching guys I guess left after Florida

I am hearing that the guard people are out (least confident about this one_

And yes, the YEA board is basically a board only in that it exists. It doesn't function with the fiduciary duty that such a body legally should.

THAT is a bloodbath.

As much as I hate to admit it, the Cadets are like the Cowboys. Jerry was at the owner and GM. He negatively effected the team by trying to be in both rolls and do things the way they were done before and were successful. Now Steven Jones operates as GM and things are better.

I think the solution is get a GM/designer. Let them move the corps in the right direction. It will also give Hop the time to be the director as well as keep the indoor group operational. I really don't think they need to get rid of anyone.

The big difference is the Cowboys are never tight on money. It is easy to say what the Cadets need. A much bigger challenge trying to pay for it.

The big difference is the Cowboys are never tight on money. It is easy to say what the Cadets need. A much bigger challenge trying to pay for it.

The Cavaliers bring in a lot less money and member fees are smaller. And they seem to be able to sustain such staff paychecks.

Here we go with another stupid, stupid topic post this season: "Staff merri-go-round"

First of all - idiot - it's MERRY-go-round, not MERRI-go-round. Learn how to spell, and screw your rumor B.S. Whom ever rumors and gossips about staff like this, you sound like an old gossipy worn out fat cow grandmother who gets upset and outraged when Walmart is all out of their favorite flavor of Kaopectate.

Cheers.

Whomever is one word.

• Like 7

Knowing very little about the internals of the YEA organization, if all the reviews are true... the bad is that this situation existed for apparently many years without anything being done about it. The good may be that changes may be happening that while painful in the short term, may be better for the health of the organization long term. With that in mind... maybe those that seem a bit happy about this arent entirely in the wrong.

The thread here is pretty over the top. This is why this place has the reputation it does.

180 people reading this topic.

The thread here is pretty over the top. This is why this place has the reputation it does.

Stop it. You're being ridiculous.

This thread isn't over the top at all, and if you really think DCP is that bad, close your browser window.

• Like 6

Two thoughts;

It's sad to hear so many bad things I've heard about Hopkins/Cadets staff culture confirmed over this season. The kids, staff, and Cadets' history deserve better. They are one of the all time great drum corps and their legacy didn't deserve to be tarnished by the stranglehold of a director.

Some people here are way too close to the matters to talk about them with a level head. Some of the Hopkins defenders here are just sad when his issues are common knowledge throughout the activity. I haven't seen anyone leverage personal attacks at him here, only professional criticisms which he absolutely deserves, doubly so since he makes his position such a public spectacle.

• Like 2