Staff merri-go-round

I always assumed that shows like this start building/editing episodes long before the end of the season.

As a former video editor for a very large company everyone has heard of, you are correct. They have been piecing together everything they have along the way.

At the very least with rumors swirling, the Cadets future is a big question mark..... If true then you've got all the music genius behind the corps for many many years out the door and that is hard to recover from. Mind you, nothing confirmed, but this would be the biggest staff move I think in a top tier drum corps maybe ever. Cadets won brass 2 seasons ago, I cannot even fathom this.

Would you so strongly challenge his hiring decisions had they resulted in a medal, or a guard caption award?

That's the rub.

In many competitive activities--and even business--much bad activity is swept under a rug in the name of "winning". Whether it is athletes breaking laws, or business leaders who are abusive bosses, people tend to look the other way as long as the team/player is in the win column or corporate profits are high.

It is only when things go sour, that people finally start to talk, but many of the issues were there all along.

Edited by barigirl78

That's the rub.

In any competitive activities--and even business--much bad activity is swept under a rug in the name of "winning". Whether it is athletes breaking laws, or business leaders who are abusive bosses, people tend to look the other way as long as the team/player is in the win column or corporate profits are hight.

It is only when things go sour, that people finally start to talk, but many of the issues were there all along.

Yep. Not only do things that were brushed under the rug before get attention, oftentimes that starts a cycle where people who feared getting attacked (or ignored at best) if they revealed their issue with the program feel more free to start sharing as they can see people more receptive to hearing it.

Just a thought.... Has anyone thought that all the rumors were started by the staff?? Maybe they finally banded together and gave George a choice " Let us do our jobs and stop thinking you are a show designer or we all walk". :confused:

On a non-Cadets note...any thoughts on whether PR is gonna make changes? I'm nothing but a spectator since the late 90's, but I am a Regiment alum and would love to see them in the hunt once again. The game has changed so much, and I wonder if they're just choosing to stay in the past.

Not a dig, just observations.

It's okay, they'll get a ring again in 2020.

Now, that it is pretty obvious the Cadets will have some key staff losses, the next question will be where they get the replacements from.