Staff merri-go-round

Maybe...and maybe some Cadet kids will look to other corps. Crown winning the Ott will make them a popular place to go again for all kids. And of course Coats after winning. Will be an interesting off season.

I suspect all three are true. But the corollary is that these corps will be siphoning talent that in years past would have been heading to Allentown. Will it happen? Who knows, but I think it will to some extent. Maybe a big extent.

Colin McNutt has a pretty good history of his students following him. Being that Boston isn't that far away and he is a disciple of Thom Hannum/UMASS, I'd be willing to bet that there were probably a handful of UMASS students in the section already. It makes sense that they would also go to BAC and follow him there. I know Thom runs the show and Colin assists him there but listen to the UMASS line and listen to a McNutt Cadets line. They sound identical.

It's obvious that Klesch was good for the program... but I never like these situations. It seems like a 'little sister' arrangement... and that's as likely to keep the group out of finals as keep them in, in the future.

I would hope that they will formulate some design independence in the future and consider the biggest boys as peers.

I know it takes time... but there's no better time than the present to start thinking like a super star... just ask Crown.

Not being facetious, but how much time did Bocook spend with Cadets?

These moves to Boston are interesting. But are kids flocking to Boston? I am just asking. Are they doing another old school show like this one from 2016? Will the talented kids follow to the northeast? I am curious what folks think.

Three days after Finals, I doubt potential members could even make that call. Ask that question in a few months.

The other question is retention in the Cadet ranks.

. They will definitely attract tier one talent with Gino onboard.

There is no doubt a hunger in Boston among its alums and fans to see Boston rise. I'm sure this is present in all Corps. Boston REALLY wants to do so, and seems to be putting the building blocks in place both financially, organizationally, to create a positive environment that might allow that to take flight among the staff it brings in, and the MM's that arrive. Time will tell.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 3

And third, I've never heard great things about the general vibe at lines he teaches at from the few guys I've known who marched under him. Of course, that could be hearsay as much as anything, so take that with a grain of salt for sure. But more generally, I just don't think corps-age guys really want to march under him any more. His prime was a while ago, IMO, so he's not the awesome young guy that attracts the best talent anymore.

Lee Beddis' vibe is good for the whole corps.

• Like 1