Staff merri-go-round

But are kids flocking to Boston?

Certainly, the addition of Cipriani and McNutt will be viewed by some kids as a plus in the "pros" column, when potential players evaluate their choice of corps. But at the same time, Boston fell from 10th to 12th, and very nearly missed out on finals altogether, which will certainly be a big mark in the "cons" column. Will the former outweigh the latter for the players?

• Like 1

Certainly, the addition of Cipriani and McNutt will be viewed by some kids as a plus in the "pros" column, when potential players evaluate their choice of corps. But at the same time, Boston fell from 10th to 12th, and very nearly missed out on finals altogether, which will certainly be a big mark in the "cons" column. Will the former outweigh the latter for the players?

Bluecoats, Crown, Madison actually all FELL OUT of Finals at one point for themselves ( below 12th ), made staff adjustments, and got immediate improvement the following season in terms of improved staff, mm talent, and got right back into Finals the following season... and in the case of Crown & Bluecoats, on the road to their future well deserved Championships.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 4

These moves to Boston are interesting. But are kids flocking to Boston? I am just asking. Are they doing another old school show like this one from 2016? Will the talented kids follow to the northeast? I am curious what folks think.

I think there are more than just 1 or 2 answers to this or possibilities there is both sides of that coin . Time will spell it out and I dont mean camps I mean Aug. of 2017

I hope new staff is going to be happy as well as the current and future MMs of BAC

All the best

Edited by GUARDLING

I think there are more than just 1 or 2 answers to this or possibilities there is both sides of that coin . Time will spell it out and I dont mean camps I mean Aug. of 2017

I hope new staff is going to be happy as well as the current and future MMs of BAC

I feel these initial staff moves may keep some of this years younger members from looking elsewhere. Not sure how many aged out in the three sections.

Yes good for them .I just want to see what the commitment is. Corps have had the A listers before and it actually worked in reverse. If they put as much time in BAC as they did cadets then they are going to see some good things happening for themselves. You know as well as me even the best need to stick around more than a year or 2 . That will certainly bring on new success. Onward and upward.

Good Luck BAC!

I dont think anyone with a clue expects Boston to immediately contend. it'll take time...cultures to be merged etc. But these guys have track records of good things. In time with the right total team.....hey in 2000, who expected Bluecoats to one day contend? or Crown?

• Like 3

An eventful day, for sure.

Who knows what the future holds... for anyone.

always in motion the future is

($1 to some green muppet)

always in motion the future is

($1 to some green muppet)

Kermit never said such a thing!

😜

• Like 1

Bluecoats, Crown, Madison actually all FELL OUT of Finals at one point for themselves ( below 12th ), made staff adjustments, and got immediate improvement the following season in terms of improved staff, mm talent, and got right back into Finals the following season... and in the case of Crown & Bluecoats, on the road to their future well deserved Championships.

agreed. Coats feel out in 99, revamped in 00, made it in....added some names, some left, kept building and TADA!

Crown even more so...fell out in 02, added new faces, built it up, added pieces as they go...and look.

• Like 1

Kermit never said such a thing!

the green muppet who lived a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away....and didnt date pigs