Staff merri-go-round

That's going to be good for BAC's brass and percussion. Both have done really well for the Cadets and now me would see BAC doing some work if they touch them as much as they did the Cadets.

And all of this news about the Cadets makes me extremely sad, and even nearly unbearable after getting the news that my knees and ankles are barely being held together taking away any chance of marching I have.

It's really upsetting.

I know there's a big fallout over a lot of Cadets staff, and having heard the news about McNutt, I have a question. Has anyone heard anything about Cadets pit arranger & coordinator(?) Iain Moyer? He's written some great stuff for that pit in the past and I'm curious as to whether he's still going to be with them.

He's out too

Tough day for The Cadets, but sometimes these things need to happen.

Gino has been with them 17 years (2000). Colin for 10 years (2007). After a while a fresh start is needed. Haven't heard whether Bocook will return or not, but he might want to take a hiatus as well. I don't know. Ultimately though The Cadets will be fine. Hopkins may stir some controversy at times on this forum and within his own organization, but he's no dummy. On the contrary I believe him to be quite intelligent and I believe he will shake things up and do what is needed to restore a sense of Cadets pride to the corps.

I'm hearing he may have signed Lee Beddis (rumor or true, not sure?), and I'm sure he will find a top-quality brass caption head to join the ranks. I'm fairly certain he will ask Marc Sylvester to coordinate the design staff and act as program coordinator this coming season. Things will be fine for the Cadets. You watch, everyone is going to count them out and I wouldn't be surprised if they came out with a top 3 caliber show that features them back in their Maroon, Gold, and Cream.

Colin and Gino have much to be proud of. They helped to create some amazing music ensembles over the years with Cadets. But perhaps change is good for them and for the Cadets at this point.

• Like 5

That's going to be good for BAC's brass and percussion. Both have done really well for the Cadets and now me would see BAC doing some work if they touch them as much as they did the Cadets.

And all of this news about the Cadets makes me extremely sad, and even nearly unbearable after getting the news that my knees and ankles are barely being held together taking away any chance of marching I have.

It's really upsetting.

Organizations of all kinds, and industries, and activities, governments, and sometimes families usually get better because of creative-destruction.

Unfortunately, the destruction part is the hardest ($1 to Don Draper: "I've started over many times. This is the hardest part"**). I'm confident that the Cadets will be fine and, probably, stronger for all this quasi-upset.

Your knees and ankles, well, not so much. Sorry for your loss.

And I'm not changing my screen name.

**Ignoring the fact that the recipient of that advice hung himself a short time later.

Meh, it's Hollywood.

:tounge2:

Edited by garfield
  • Like 1

There were some great brass staff members at BAC (David Klemmer from the Cavaliers comes to mind) over the last few seasons. Is he still going to be around....??

I agree. Patrick Erwin, David Clemmer, and the other guys were #### well good teachers with great experience. I know the results haven't been what they've pushed for though. Anyone know if they're out?

• Like 1

Tough day for The Cadets, but sometimes these things need to happen.

Gino has been with them 17 years (2000). Colin for 10 years (2007). After a while a fresh start is needed. Haven't heard whether Bocook will return or not, but he might want to take a hiatus as well. I don't know. Ultimately though The Cadets will be fine. Hopkins may stir some controversy at times on this forum and within his own organization, but he's no dummy. On the contrary I believe him to be quite intelligent and I believe he will shake things up and do what is needed to restore a sense of Cadets pride to the corps.

I'm hearing he may have signed Lee Beddis (rumor or true, not sure?), and I'm sure he will find a top-quality brass caption head to join the ranks. I'm fairly certain he will ask Marc Sylvester to coordinate the design staff and act as program coordinator this coming season. Things will be fine for the Cadets. You watch, everyone is going to count them out and I wouldn't be surprised if they came out with a top 3 caliber show that features them back in their Maroon, Gold, and Cream.

Colin and Gino have much to be proud of. They helped to create some amazing music ensembles over the years with Cadets. But perhaps change is good for them and for the Cadets at this point.

Wow, you and I were typing essentially the same thing at the same time.

Good minds think alike? Yea, probably.

• Like 1

This thread topic started approx. 48 hours ago, and it already has over 100,000 views as a topic on DCP. Its an interesting topic that people are interested in, no doubt about it.

Wow, you and I were typing essentially the same thing at the same time.

Good minds think alike? Yea, probably.

If you guys could see behind the curtain, you'd rethink your position that "everything will be fine."

The organization is staring into the abyss right now on a structural level beyond just who is leading the horns and drums next summer.

• Like 3