2017 Boston Crusaders

A little more than a decade ago. BUT as with a few others I have had my hand in things past then.Just so you know , there's no clue who I am or when. Im pretty sure of that and protective of it for alot of reasons . Especially if I post publically. This is also not just for me but for the corps also. We've seen how that goes sometimes.

Hi G. Thanks for all that you have done a decade ago for BAC and the Kids. Can you put up your profile so we can see who you are and what you have done ( Nothing up on this system) ? After all a decade ago was changing times for BAC as well as today. All good run business change etc. Interesting posting on DCP (Staff merry-go-round). Have a great day.

What realistic placement do you think Boston will get next season? They won't magically jump 12th to medal. I remember animal farm they got Lentz(if I remember correctly) and they said it would be huge and then people were disappointed or this last season with the design staff. Names don't always breed success in the first season like Mike Babcock to the maple leafs. It takes time so what do you consider a good season and what do you consider a failed season?

A little more than a decade ago. BUT as with a few others I have had my hand in things past then.Just so you know , there's no clue who I am or when. Im pretty sure of that and protective of it for alot of reasons . Especially if I post publically. This is also not just for me but for the corps also. We've seen how that goes sometimes.

Thanks. Appreciate and understand your position on remaining anonymous. Were you on board for Red? Loved that show.

What realistic placement do you think Boston will get next season? They won't magically jump 12th to medal. I remember animal farm they got Lentz(if I remember correctly) and they said it would be huge and then people were disappointed or this last season with the design staff. Names don't always breed success in the first season like Mike Babcock to the maple leafs. It takes time so what do you consider a good season and what do you consider a failed season?

I don't have any idea about placement...that is like trying to speculate whether oil prices are going to go up or down on the commodities market...I do feel this situation is different than animal farm....What Boston has done right this round is the following...they have assembled an entire team of "A" players...visual..brass...percussion...not just one "A" player...right now I don't see any apparent weak link...Will they all be able to work together and "buy in" to the concept?...uncertain but prospects look very positive and I'm not just drinking the cool-aid here either...

Hi G. Thanks for all that you have done a decade ago for BAC and the Kids. Can you put up your profile so we can see who you are and what you have done ( Nothing up on this system) ? After all a decade ago was changing times for BAC as well as today. All good run business change etc. Interesting posting on DCP (Staff merry-go-round). Have a great day.

Hi EMC I will send ya a PM later tonight...busy day and thanks

Edited by GUARDLING

...that is like trying to speculate whether oil prices are going to go up or down on the commodities market...

For a recent while Cadets had an amazing alum who did just that in the real world job and was named to Cadets' BoD to instill some higher values.

In the past 25 years, the biggest jump in placement has been 6, most recently by the Blue Stars in 2008 from 14th to 8th.

I believe the most Boston could jump to in year 1 would be to 8th place (4 spots). Top 5 is too strong, and BK, Cadets, Phantom will be great as well. So they would have to beat 1 of them to get 8th. But anything can happen like in 2009 when Phantom dropped 8 spots.

Mike a good person. He did a good job that year and he left on his own. I wonder if he stayed what the out come would of been the following year. I guess we will never know.

In the past 25 years, the biggest jump in placement has been 6, most recently by the Blue Stars in 2008 from 14th to 8th.

I believe the most Boston could jump to in year 1 would be to 8th place (4 spots). Top 5 is too strong, and BK, Cadets, Phantom will be great as well. So they would have to beat 1 of them to get 8th. But anything can happen like in 2009 when Phantom dropped 8 spots.

I agree with what you say. I said in another threat that 7-9 is a realistic goal, which would get them to where they were between 2011-2013. My hope is they will build on the talent they already have which I think will be essential. There has been talk of talent moving with staff. That could happen, but my guess would be that some might move but some will adopt a wait and see approach. If you marched with Crown, would you give up the likelihood of a medal just to follow an instructor? The same could be true for Cadets. My guess is 2017 will be a year of solid growth, which will make everyone take notice for 2018.