Cadets 2017

Cadets2: 1st place, 97.95, winning all captions except brass (which went to Reading).

CONGRATULATIONS C2!!!

It would be nice if this fact merited at least a passing comment at the end of the Fuse television series.

And also that BDB won its division. Pretty ironic that the "cadet" teams of both corps the "Clash of the Corps" had opted to follow won while the signature teams did not.

(Reading certainly deserved at least that brass title. Awesome playing there.)

Better question . . . does C2 beat BDB in competition?!?

Fun question. It would probably depend on what judging system was used: what elements of the DCI and DCA sheets were combined to form a hybrid that could suffice for groups who work in both systems.

But I say yes.

I don't know what the rules/laws are regarding 990's. Who (I'm not referring to a specific individual or organization) is required to file these forms, all 501©3's? If an organization had no revenue, are they required to file?

From the IRS:

"Generally, tax-exempt organizations must file an annual information return ( Form 990 or Form 990-EZ). Tax-exempt organizations that have annual gross receipts not normally in excess of $25,000 ($50,000 for tax years ending on or after December 31, 2010) are not required to file the annual information return; they may be required to file an annual electronic notice, however. In addition, churches and certain church-affiliated organizations are excepted from filing."

From the IRS:

"Generally, tax-exempt organizations must file an annual information return ( Form 990 or Form 990-EZ). Tax-exempt organizations that have annual gross receipts not normally in excess of $25,000 ($50,000 for tax years ending on or after December 31, 2010) are not required to file the annual information return; they may be required to file an annual electronic notice, however. In addition, churches and certain church-affiliated organizations are excepted from filing."

Thanks for the info!

I've heard him say many unusual things over his years at Cadets, but this to me seems one of the strangest. I'm still trying to discern the hermaneutic, the meaning and implications.

I'm sure many who have marched either would have different takes, not necessarily opposing takes. Both corps seem to have their fun.

In a mailing about C2's championship win in Rochester,

"Serving as the Director of The Cadets and Cadets2, Hopkins added, "In many ways, this experience is more enjoyable than the Cadets. Being weekend only, the corps can breathe, the outcome is not life and death and the rehearsals are a combination of intensity and fun. These kids love C2 and that love allowed them to take a good show and make it great. Many of these kids have never been this good anywhere and that joy in their eyes when the crowd erupted the past few nights was a gift to see. It was nothing short of amazing!"

Hopkins concluded, "Congrats C2 - all of you, from the bus driver to the donors and everyone in between. It's really more than words can describe!"

I've heard him say many unusual things over his years at Cadets, but this to me seems one of the strangest. I'm still trying to discern the hermaneutic, the meaning and implications.

I'm sure many who have marched either would have different takes, not necessarily opposing takes. Both corps seem to have their fun.

In a mailing about C2's championship win in Rochester,

"Serving as the Director of The Cadets and Cadets2, Hopkins added, "In many ways, this experience is more enjoyable than the Cadets. Being weekend only, the corps can breathe, the outcome is not life and death and the rehearsals are a combination of intensity and fun. These kids love C2 and that love allowed them to take a good show and make it great. Many of these kids have never been this good anywhere and that joy in their eyes when the crowd erupted the past few nights was a gift to see. It was nothing short of amazing!"

Hopkins concluded, "Congrats C2 - all of you, from the bus driver to the donors and everyone in between. It's really more than words can describe!"

You do know he usually writes what's on his mind...and fails to proof read the material before it goes to press....LOL

• Like 1