Opening Night!

5 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

they have a ton of off days coming up - more like a BD schedule the first 30 or so days. They need to leverage those and catch up quickly (prior to regionals)

they have a 90 second ending to add - that is supposed to be in by Orlando. Then we can get a real read on where things stand. I think they are behind badly right now (IMO) but with a lot of upside as you say which can help a corps out later season (see Cavaliers just last year!)

That is good news! Cadets are be one heck of a force come finals week. So Hop already has a new ending in play? Haha now that is some awesome planning! 

Just realized they will not be in Houston this year. Bummer, at least I can try to hunt down some clips of them. 

Just now, Hook'emCavies said:

That is good news! Cadets are be one heck of a force come finals week. So Hop already has a new ending in play? Haha now that is some awesome planning! 

Just realized they will not be in Houston this year. Bummer, at least I can try to hunt down some clips of them. 

not a "new ending" - the show ends right now 90 seconds early. It's a tag ending with a medley from all the Mass tunes and some very fast drill. Should look fantastic in the final set of costumes the corps is wearing. Right now the show ends with push and a big chord/hold. That final chord drops down into the real ending and the tempos go up and up. It should be helpful in getting those butts out of the seats lol

31 minutes ago, Hook'emCavies said:

I was just looking at the line up and I have no idea who to pick to win yhe season opener.

It is pretty safe to predict the season opener placements to match last year's finals results. 

2 hours ago, mjoakes said:

Discovered this morning that I have two tickets to Tour Premier in Indy I won't use. (Ordered a group of three for me and my folks, forgetting that I had much earlier ordered two others.) These are section 141, row 1, seats 1 and 2. They are not near me; I'm in 239.

If it works out for anyone, I'm happy to give them away by meeting you at a LOS entrance before the show. No charge. They'll otherwise go to waste. We can exchange more details privately.

PM'ing

2 hours ago, mjoakes said:

Discovered this morning that I have two tickets to Tour Premier in Indy I won't use. (Ordered a group of three for me and my folks, forgetting that I had much earlier ordered two others.) These are section 141, row 1, seats 1 and 2. They are not near me; I'm in 239.

If it works out for anyone, I'm happy to give them away by meeting you at a LOS entrance before the show. No charge. They'll otherwise go to waste. We can exchange more details privately.

Tickets are gone. 

• Like 1

On 6/17/2017 at 4:00 PM, soccerguy315 said:

Normally the season opener is only available at the theaters...

Which is one of the reasons DCI will never learn how to make money. 

"FLOGO" has the shows for online (mistake) and no "on demand" service for shows. If they had it I would pay for it no problem. But I have a schedule that does not permit me to watch shows live considering many different things. Why not have them as a rental or purchase like the rest of media is sold in the USA. 

10 minutes ago, E3D said:

Which is one of the reasons DCI will never learn how to make money. 

"FLOGO" has the shows for online (mistake) and no "on demand" service for shows. If they had it I would pay for it no problem. But I have a schedule that does not permit me to watch shows live considering many different things. Why not have them as a rental or purchase like the rest of media is sold in the USA. 

One word ... licensing.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, mingusmonk said:

One word ... licensing.

Two words ... That sucks. 

• Like 1

Slotting of the previous season's results is rampant in the first few weeks of the season, so my prediction is that the placements of this opening night will closely resemble the placements from finals last season

1 minute ago, Cappybara said:

Slotting of the previous season's results is rampant in the first few weeks of the season, so my prediction is that the placements of this opening night will closely resemble the placements from finals last season

That may or may not happen each year, but if it did, I'd guess the spread between corps could be tighter this year.