Opening Night!

On 6/12/2017 at 2:42 PM, DrumManTx said:
  • I actually just got certified as a teacher today.......so not yet.  :)

Congratulations!

Blue Stars ... How will they elevate this past the cliche Romeo and Juliet show everyone seems to think it will be?

Maybe they could show us "Romeo and Ethel, the Pirate's Daughter"?

Are diamonds REALLY a girl's best friend???

Last year in DCA, the Sunrisers mashed up that song with Madonna's "Material Girl".

(Which is appropriate since the music video for that song was an homage to Gentlemen Prefer Blondes.)

Edited by N.E. Brigand
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, cowtown said:

I can’t decide who to stalk  

Any of you folks near me leave your back doors unlocked, taking the entire family so the house will be empty and  don’t have any dogs?   

No problem. I have house/dog sitters. And the police chief lives in my subdivision. 

• Like 1

On 6/12/2017 at 9:02 AM, PopcornEater1963 said:

I will be in Lucas Oil Stadium, watching my son march his first DCI show (he has two years of DCA with Atlanta CV under his belt) . 
I'm looking most forward to Cavaliers, because that's the uniform he'll have on!

Best wishes to him! Those were two good shows; I especially liked "Eyeconic" (bought the tee shirt, as it happens).

Which reminds me that the first DCA show is actually this Saturday (although like last year, it's exhibition only).

Just now, N.E. Brigand said:

Best wishes to him! Those were two good shows; I especially liked "Eyeconic" (bought the tee shirt, as it happens).

Which reminds me that the first DCA show is actually this Saturday (although like last year, it's exhibition only).

Eyeconic was very cool in 2015. My son was the Euphonium soloist in "Gabriel's Oboe" in the 2016 show ( Rythmos) on the front and back of the second movement. :-) 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, PopcornEater1963 said:

Eyeconic was very cool in 2015. My son was the Euphonium soloist in "Gabriel's Oboe" in the 2016 show ( Rythmos) on the front and back of the second movement. :-) 

Let's see if this works. He opens this ballad and closes it out. Seventeen years old standing in the Georgia Dome in front of bunch of people. The staff mentally changed their "status" for him from "horn player" to "performer" after this run. :-)  

• Like 4

I'll be at LOS section 140 row 16.

I'm going by myself but maybe I'll make a new friend while I'm there lol. The week after I'm taking the wife and my two daughters to the show in Muncie. For my wife and the baby it will be their first live show. I took my 7 year old to her first show last summer and she immediately decided she wanted to be in colorguard. She joined an elementary guard for the fall where she performed in parades and at half time for local peewee football games. She then competed in the elementary division for winterguard and she loved it! My wife didn't think she would like this stuff until she went to our daughter's competitions and not only saw some world class guards such as pride of Cincinnati, but also saw some indoor percussion and winds. She then told me she REALLY wishes she had known about this activity when she was in highschool!

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

One week from tonight. 

Gaaaaaaahhh! I can't wait!!!

If you will be around Indiana for the opening show, or the next few weeks since there is a lot of Indiana shows, you might check out this list of corps housing/rehearsal sites.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7plk6s2iyqmz7e4/2017 IndianaCorpsSites.xlsx?dl=0

• Like 1