Cesario out as Artistic Director

I have been critical of a lot of what MC has done - effectively requiring everyone to use a semi full of props, moving the activity towards show-specific costumes, lots of overhyped tinkering around the edges of the adjudication with new sheets and the merged GE caption. But I nevertheless think that it has been good for the activity to have an artistic director.

It's hard to argue that the last 3-5 years have been something of a renaissance for DCI, and a lot of it has been the commitment from top to bottom of world class in putting out creative shows that connect well with the audience. It's also seen two new world champions for the first time in forever. I have to think Cesario deserves a lot of credit for the behind the scenes conversations that got those shows to the field and helped deserving innovations get recognized/rewarded by the judging system.

DCI should definitely appoint a replacement. Finding someone that all can agree to will be tough!

And yes, I do think that DCI should have a conflict of interest policy. It may be too small of an activity to find a creative leader who doesn't have any ties to instrument/equipment/uniform manufacturers, but it's still a worthy step to declare those conflicts and be transparent about them.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ShortAndFast said:

DCI should definitely appoint a replacement. Finding someone that all can agree to will be tough!

Alright, you've twisted my arm long enough.   I'll take the job.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Eleran said:

Alright, you've twisted my arm long enough.   I'll take the job.

You know I was just about to name-drop "Eleran"

• Like 1

[Stocks for chocolatiers drop dramatically]

• Like 2

I think X should replace Cesario. He's long-winded, super enthusiastic, and I have no idea what he's saying much of the time. X is a natural!