3 SHADES OF BLUE and friends Denver, Co

So early in the topic it was

"BD won x caption finals night"  "Im talking about the caption award"
"Bluecoats only won GE"  "Well they got first in music finals night"  

###### if you do ###### if you don't.  They didnt win the music captions finals night but got first because SCV and Crown split with nobody to cover the difference.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, BlueStainGlass said:

So early in the topic it was

"BD won x caption finals night"  "Im talking about the caption award"
"Bluecoats only won GE"  "Well they got first in music finals night"  

###### if you do ###### if you don't.  They didnt win the music captions finals night but got first because SCV and Crown split with nobody to cover the difference.

Wasn't part of that discussion. Just pointing out that they didn't win the individual captions. Kudos to them. Bottom line is really all that matters.

4 minutes ago, BDCorno said:

Bottom line is really all that matters.

only if you believe that winning is the only thing.

many enjoy and participate in drum corps for reasons other than wearing home a trinket. 

Edited by xandandl
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, leadsop04 said:

Like 2013? Most physically demanding show of all time. Almost the whole show (minus the ballad) was at 210 bpm.

Haha, of all-time?

Certainly more demanding than their show this year by far but not anywhere close to All-time.

Edited by Minimaster

16 hours ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Who judges facial expression? Aren't the visual judges too far back to see those?

I mean, when seen in close up via the camera, a lot of corps members facial expressions tend to look pretty silly.

Take the shakos off and your whole body is part of the performance. Try watching it live and maybe you'll see the full picture.

4 hours ago, xandandl said:

only if you believe that winning is the only thing.

many enjoy and participate in drum corps for reasons other than wearing home a trinket. 

Uhhhh, wasn't talking about overall. We were talking about captions and scoring. That was where that comment was from. Let's not be condescending. We didn't even have rings back when I first marched, didn't matter. I don't even wear the ones I do have.  

Edited by BDCorno

10 hours ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Pretty funny that I've read a number of people on these forums--people I don't think of as BD devotees--who think their "Carpe Noctem" show should have won that year.

I did see that show live. They pretty much had a complete show to start the season and they blew my mind. When I heard the scores, via the Vanguard Toll-Free Number, I didn't understand until I saw the Cavies show on DVD. Bottomline, it seems to me that BD peaked early and the other corps caught up. You never know.

While I'm the same guy that will post current rankings, it's fun to ponder where corps stand at the moment. To examine trends. However, it's funny to me to observe some of our friends here at this forum make declarations about who won the season based on current results. Nothing wrong with making predictions and hoping. But to say the season is over....lol.

Edited by Jeffe77

20 minutes ago, Jeffe77 said:

I did see that show live. They pretty much had a complete show to start the season and they blew my mind. When I heard the scores, via the Vanguard Toll-Free Number, I didn't understand until I saw the Cavies show on DVD. Bottomline, it seems to me that BD peaked early and the other corps caught up. You never know.

While I'm the same guy that will post current rankings, it's fun to ponder where corps stand at the moment. To examine trends. However, it's funny to me to observe some of our friends here at this forum make declarations about who won the season based on current results. Nothing wrong with making predictions and hoping. But to say the season is over....lol.

Agreed. This season is far from over. I think BD is ahead. But Bloo/SCV/Crown will make BD earn it. And BAC/BK has decided to crash the party. These last few weeks are gonna be epic. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Dmiggles said:

Take the shakos off and your whole body is part of the performance. Try watching it live and maybe you'll see the full picture.

Well, I have watched plenty of drum corps live, of corps with and without hats. including some shows this year, and I'm often sitting very near the top row, i.e., right in front of the judges, and there are limits to the detail visible at that distance, even for têtes sans chapeaux.