TOC - Broken Arrow, OK - July 18

1 minute ago, NakedEye said:

I absolutely love this Crown show!

What I get out of it, despite whatever their written description may say, is:

1. You go along doing your regular stuff, as you always have.

2. Your life is changed by someone forever.

3. Life after loss of that person is fractured as you desperately try to find yourself and sense of direction again. You try what you used to be - it is distorted and doesn't work anymore. You have to find a new version of yourself to move forward. It is a struggling, messy, prolonged process, but eventually you start to find a new path.

I can relate to this story and feel some of this is baked into their design, even if it only made it in on a subconscious level. 

Excellent explanation! 

• Like 3

Guard scores are going to be interesting tonight. So many guards just nailing things.  Cavies among them. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KVG_DC said:

Crown over Bloo based on what I've seen. Not sure how to place BD and SCV given the Flo mess with sound. 

Well, Crown was spic and span clean, but you never know how they are going to place in guard, GE and percussion, which could put all the other three over them. I don't know. I know diddly about percussion, but I'd give brass to Crown tonight hands down.

• Like 4

I do like their (signature?) roll-to-kneel move, which I think they first used in the Billy Joel show.

• Like 1

Just watched Crown with no audio.  That visuaal just looks like a cluttered mess.  And it seems interesting that at the part where everything is presumably deconstructing, there is one large mass triangle that goes into smaller triangles back into one large mass triangle.  Just seems odd.  Anyway, did not look good on the laptop.  Of course I will wait until I see it live (and actually listen).  Just a thought.

Just now, Tony L. said:

Just watched Crown with no audio.  That visuaal just looks like a cluttered mess.  And it seems interesting that at the part where everything is presumably deconstructing, there is one large mass triangle that goes into smaller triangles back into one large mass triangle.  Just seems odd.  Anyway, did not look good on the laptop.  Of course I will wait until I see it live (and actually listen).  Just a thought.

Well visually they looked fantastic to me. Think they are 4th in guard tonight, but their drill is #### clean. Cleanest tonight for sure, IMO.