TOC/NightBEAT Winston-Salem, NC - July 30

My way is terrible in this show.  The kids are awesome without a doubt, just a rediculous song for a men are from Mars show.  Who said oh let's use this song to drown everyone out for a big ending!?

Edited by Den8uml
  • Like 2

Just now, quijeros said:

I can't stand this ending. Those vocals over the hornline are awful.

Yeah...

I actually don't mind vocal features, but this show is such a weird clash. Pick one or the other.

• Like 1

Maybe my 5th time seeing the show. But I never saw the full impact of that big rifle toss - with the horns coming together with the guard - until high cam. Great effect.

• Like 2

That ending is certainly mind-bending (as someone put it today on the other show thread), but it's growing on me. Musically I still think it's kind of choppy and snippety, but visually they are one of the best in the activity this year. 

Please please please replace the voice in "My Way" with a baritone or trombone solo!

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, jwillis35 said:

They use plenty of electronics, and you do know their top brass players in the grey tops are all mic'd -- for the entire show. Just saying. SCV is NOT old school drum corps in any way. It's very modern visual with contemporary music scoring. 

If not for their having made those adjustments in the new BD dominated synth world of DCI... SCV would be limping in behind 4th or even 5th at this point of the season...  not saying I'm thrilled with the new, but you either adjust to the times, or get used to the idea of closing up shop.

• Like 1