William "Allen's Town" - Friday Night - Aug 4th, 2017

Anyone know how it was decided on the Friday vs. Saturday Lineup?  I understand the order draw of each night but not the difference in night.  thanks!

Edited by Den8uml

45 minutes ago, Den8uml said:

Anyone know how it was decided on the Friday vs. Saturday Lineup?  I understand the order draw of each night but not the difference in night.  thanks!

I don't know exactly, but certain corps ALWAYS perform on Saturday. 

The Crossmen are one of them.  This may be a nod to their history as a Pennsylvania corps.  The alumni have an annual picnic and even have thei Hall of Fame induction ceremony before the show.  This year DCI asked them to do it where Soundsport is performing. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, xandandl said:

I wiil enjoy your portion of the delicious samples at the Allentown Farmers Market in your absence.

Ah yes. I partook many in 2014. I also tried the pierogies!

In case some here might not have known ( or had forgotten ), the judges for both Fri Nite and Sat. Nite here in Allentown are the same judges for both nites.

• Like 3

I might be missing both nights because I am taking my family on an impromptu Disney world trip. I'm going to take my tablet with me but my viewing might be sparse. *sad* but *happy I'm going to Disney*

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, ContraFart said:

I might be missing both nights because I am taking my family on an impromptu Disney world trip. I'm going to take my tablet with me but my viewing might be sparse. *sad* but *happy I'm going to Disney*

A trip to Disney could possibly the only thing I wouldn't mind missing a show for  :laughing:

Edited by IntercalaryTurtle
  • Like 1

Good Luck to all and safe travels! Hoping the humidity and T-storms pass through quickly.