BRING BACK BUGLES!!!

11 minutes ago, drumcorpsfever said:

Next, we'll get into a discussion about why DCI corps should not be called Drum and BUGLE Corps.    I fear where this thread my go... :lle:

i dont think Fleener and his buddy post on here

9 minutes ago, drumcorpsfever said:

Next, we'll get into a discussion about why DCI corps should not be called Drum and BUGLE Corps.    I fear where this thread my go... :lle:

Good point, and with your permission (even without!) I'll suggest this . . .  .

Call the whole darn thing SOUNDSPORT.

No no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no.

No.

5 hours ago, Stu said:

You have inadvertently supported a position of mine concerning attendance numbers at marching arts events, and the best venues to hold the events. This photo is a sold out overflowing packed house!! It looks great and likely had a tremendous amount of energy for both the fans and the performers!! It represents the idea that the activity is supported by thousands of fans who will sell out stadiums!! Right? Right! But... look at this photo very carefully; it is the type of photo used by marketing experts; and it is all in picking the right stadium in order to maximize the optic 'perspective' of the fan numbers attending these events. Go ahead, look close at the upper corners of this photo and see the real reason this looks like a huge massive overflowing event.

What in the world are you talking about?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Cappybara said:

What in the world are you talking about?

This photo is a typical marketing shot. It is cropped on either side which allows the mind to fill in the infinite directions left and right making it appear 'huge'.  It also appears to be a sold-out stadium, which it may indeed be, but the upper corners of the photo show that this is likely a medium sized venue around 80 rows high and 125 rows wide (approx 10,000 seats). This photo would have a vastly different optic impact if it was shot further away as as an entire field area shot instead of the close-up cropped shot, or say this was 20,000 packed together fans in a 80,000 seat pro stadium with a photo showing the entire stadium as 3/4 empty. It is all in the composition of the shot that makes this look so impressive, not the number of people in the shot.

Edited by Stu