DCI Southwestern Regional - July 21, 2018

3 minutes ago, KVG_DC said:

BD is doing everything at top flight levels, but you know what, they've done these things before.  I mean not this exact show, etc. but the whole 'build a scene,"  Whip the hair, buzz an opener, swing a ballad, etc.   After seeing Bloo and SCV push design further on in two very different directions, it seems like BD is resting on it's excellence a bit design wise.  They could medal easy and possibly win with this, but it makes me want to have the design staff come out next year with a design that makes me say "what the hell, this entirely new."  

The funny thing is this BD program, visually, is much more traditional then what they've done the last several years. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Love the show Devils and all the hints of past shows! It also looks like you all have forgot that as the Blue Devils you aren't supposed to be moving so much in a show...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Lots of talent. Intellectual concept. Some great moments. I haven't heard that much intonation issues from a BD hornline in a long time.

Extremely off-puting. Shocking, really.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, NakedEye said:

Thanks Flo for showing 80% of BD’s show in extreme close up from field level.  WHAT??!!!

I should’ve watched on High cam

Just now, Pizazzman said:

They don’t have the high or loud chops of BD hornlines of the past though. 

Nobody else does either...

Edited by ThirdValvesAreForWimps
  • Like 2

Very well done by all the corps tonight. One of the most competitive midseason classics ive ever witnessed. 1st through 6th could be separated by only 4 to 4.5 points. 1 through 3rd could be separated by less than a point. every single corp brought something interesting to the table and I really appreciate that. Best of luck to all.

posted from the DrumScorps app

• Like 2

BD's show is really starting to grow on me...didn't not like it the beginning of season...but their sheer excellence is really changing my mind...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NakedEye said:

Thanks Flo for showing 80% of BD’s show in extreme close up from field level.  WHAT??!!!

Yeah, that's why I usually watch high camera.