The Cadets 2019

6 hours ago, George Dixon said:

oh boy - so much material...

1. there are two types of people in the world - those who show up and work to fix a problem and those who sit behind their keyboards and criticize

2. there's 18 days left - a "QUICK FIX" is exactly what they need right now

3, this "less than kempt" person designed THIS - show some respect

6 hours ago, Algernon said:

No doubt a wonderfully talented man. Do you really want to get into his behavior?

Mixed feelings about him myself

3 hours ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Funny you should mention that - new trial date is now listed as 20 Aug

oh good, by then most will be done complaining about finals results

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, Sideways said:

...but let’s talk about the taxis 

giphy.gif

I can only imagine how deflated I would feel if I were part of a legendary corps with 10 world championships that is now getting beat by corps that you'd never think would beat you. This is INCREDIBLY frustrating. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 2

While it is frustrating, I will say it's deserved. As much as it pains me to say this, this show is where it should be and the corps beating them deserve to be on top. 

The only silver lining is the farther they fall, perhaps the more of a wake up call it will be to make drastic changes next season. 

Edited by East9900
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Is it too early to start the Cadets 2020 thread?

Here is my wish list for Cadets design team 2020

Program Coordinator: Denise Bonfiglio 

Drill Writer: Jeff Sacktig

Brass Arranger: Ryan George

Percussion Caption: Tom Aungst

Guard Caption Head: Rick Subel

Front Ensemble: Neil Larrivee

The powers that be should be trying to make things happen ASAP, so that any existing members that are having doubts about coming back next season are immediately infused with renewed enthusiasm and positive thoughts about the future.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Glenn426 said:

Is it too early to start the Cadets 2020 thread?

Here is my wish list for Cadets design team 2020

Program Coordinator: Denise Bonfiglio 

Drill Writer: Jeff Sacktig

Brass Arranger: Ryan George

Percussion Caption: Tom Aungst

Guard Caption Head: Rick Subel

Front Ensemble: Neil Larrivee

The powers that be should be trying to make things happen ASAP, so that any existing members that are having doubts about coming back next season are immediately infused with renewed enthusiasm and positive thoughts about the future.

I'm not sure that going out and cherry picking from Crown and Boston is the way to go.  

I'd much rather "the powers that be" were looking closely at some of the WGI designers who are "up and coming".  

I think a design team of "young and hungries" might be a better fit to re-energize the Cadets.  

(will duck and cover)

• Like 3

1 minute ago, PamahoNow said:

I'm not sure that going out and cherry picking from Crown and Boston is the way to go.  

I'd much rather "the powers that be" were looking closely at some of the WGI designers who are "up and coming".  

I think a design team of "young and hungries" might be a better fit to re-energize the Cadets.  

(will duck and cover)

You underestimate the drive and passion that these people have for the Cadets. They still have the Cadets strongly in their minds and it is their Corps. No matter where they go, they have a strong emotional connection to the Cadets. And getting beat by Mandarins last night, is putting things into focus that they need help.

I could see scenarios where Crown and Boston voluntarily move on from Ryan and Jeff, Ryan because Boston wants to up their arrangers to the very top echelon of the activity, and Jeff because they tried this avenue and it did not work for Crown who still have aspirations to medal every year. Rick Subel working with Jeff at Paramount I believe have developed a strong working relationship and are comfortable with each other.