Drain The Swamp, Dan

20 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

Volunteers sounds great in theory. But then you also have to vet the volunteers. I don’t disagree it can be done, but even then there’s a process. I can’t even go on a field trip with my daughter at school without the background check, but as we have seen, that’s not foolproof 

Lol remember 20 years ago when the old church started background checks on volunteers with kids. Had little old ladies ask why they had to do it now after so many decades. Best answer was that things changed and the bad people screwed it up for everyone. I didn’t work with kids but did the checks as a show that council was doing their part too

47 minutes ago, GUARDLING said:

There was plenty of deserved outrage on a certain director THEN it was pointed out, was it the outrage OR the person. Well for some it took 1 or 2 posts and the subject turned to how they ruined the activity, how they started the G7 , how their proposals for activity were for the worst. How what they wanted as the direction was terrible, how they changed the beloved activity for some, all of which had nothing to do with the topic.

This has been driving me crazy for months. Thank you.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, HockeyDad said:

Is this a test?  Put me in charge and I will take charge. What changes would you make?  In detail please. Month by month. And include the cost. And if you can't do that on this Internet forum, you have no credibility. Is that the game you're playing? 

Wowsa

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, HockeyDad said:

Is this a test?  Put me in charge and I will take charge. What changes would you make?  In detail please. Month by month. And include the cost. And if you can't do that on this Internet forum, you have no credibility. Is that the game you're playing? 

Yes, dangit, do that or you are a worthless waste of skin.

58 minutes ago, cixelsyd said:

Most of that is on other social media sites.  But here is one example, right here in this thread:

Spewing hatred and hating the activity for what it has become lately are two different things.  

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Liahona said:

Spewing hatred and hating the activity for what it has become lately are two different things.  

That's. Some don't know the difference ( and readily show it ), of course, many do. You would think it would as you say BUT there are plenty of examples if one wants to go back and look. I don't think there is a need

Edited by GUARDLING

4 minutes ago, Liahona said:

I think he was expressing the frustration many of us feel.  It’s not like we’re giving up on it.  I’m going to DCA in Williamsport this week and we bought our tickets for Indy in Indy on prelims day. 

2 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

I think he was expressing the frustration many of us feel.  It’s not like we’re giving up on it.  I’m going to DCA in Williamsport this week and we bought our tickets for Indy in Indy on prelims day. 

Terri the question below was posed "Who is spewing hatred for the activity?"...the example given for spewing hatred was..."I hate drum corps now."  I may not always agree with @2000Cadet BUT he is the LAST PERSON I'd say was spewing HATRED....this was a very poor example to illustrate the point...hence WHY I said they were two different things...Having frustration with the activity is understandable though...

3 hours ago, HockeyDad said:

Who is spewing hatred for the activity?  I think I missed that so can you point that out to me?

Most of that is on other social media sites.  But here is one example, right here in this thread:

On 8/25/2018 at 12:26 AM, 2000Cadet said:

I hate drum corps now.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, GUARDLING said:

That's. Some don't know the difference ( and readily show it ), of course, many do. You would think it would as you say BUT there are plenty of examples if one wants to go back and look. I don't think there is a need

Please see:

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Lol remember 20 years ago when the old church started background checks on volunteers with kids. Had little old ladies ask why they had to do it now after so many decades. Best answer was that things changed and the bad people screwed it up for everyone. I didn’t work with kids but did the checks as a show that council was doing their part too

We needed to go through a run of the mill background check before we could donate stuff from our garden to the local "Old Age Home". They considered us volunteers and that was their policy.