Encouragement Thread - If you need support let’s help

Just now, skevinp said:

Hopefully the death rate* in TX won’t get anywhere near as bad as the death rate* in PA, which is currently about 7 times as high.  

* deaths per population

Hope so too....

The fact that HockeyDad doesn’t post here anymore suggests we have probably failed his objective of an encouragement thread where people support and help each other.  

I was worried about his absence in these scary times but I checked to see that he does still visit.  Honestly I couldn’t blame anyone for not posting anymore.  

Speaking of worrying about absences, it has been a long time since I have seen anything from Terri Schehr.

I hope everyone out there stays well.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, skevinp said:

Speaking of worrying about absences, it has been a long time since I have seen anything from Terri Schehr.

Lost track, but have they moved yet or has it been delayed?

26 minutes ago, Ghost said:

Lost track, but have they moved yet or has it been delayed?

They’re still in Illinois. 

38 minutes ago, skevinp said:

The fact that HockeyDad doesn’t post here anymore suggests we have probably failed his objective of an encouragement thread where people support and help each other.  

I was worried about his absence in these scary times but I checked to see that he does still visit.  Honestly I couldn’t blame anyone for not posting anymore.  

I hope everyone out there stays well.

It seems that recent posts are becoming more civil, at least by DCP standards, so perhaps some of our latent posters will return.

Mod hat here...

I just removed a large number of posts that veered into the political aspect of things. Please refrain from making political commentary about one side or the other.

• Thanks 2

i'm encouraged no matter what, DCP does what DCP always does

Spoiler Alert: This is not political. It's about feeling encouraged.

It is encouraging to see that California has mandated the wearing of face coverings in most situations, including out-of-doors. There are exceptions, but this will make our state's population safer overall.

The sooner we have containment, effective therapy and a vaccine, the sooner we'll have our drum corps back.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, skevinp said:

Hopefully the death rate* in TX won’t get anywhere near as bad as the death rate* in PA, which is currently about 7 times as high.  

* deaths per population

I've seen it suggested that it may be that lately it's younger people who are getting infected more often, which would indeed lower the death rate.