Encouragement Thread - If you need support let’s help

On the encouragement side (that’s this thread right? 😜). Went to local food store that has prewrapped fresh meat so i could stay away from the meat counter maxi mob at my usual place. About 80%+ of shoppers in masks and almost all workers. Not counting people who need remedial mask wearing training (goes over mouth AND nose). Starting Tuesday this chain will only allow 50% of capacity in at one time and no mask.. no entry... meanwhile one line for all checkouts with social distancing tape and worker directing people to next checkout or open do it yourself (like me).  Sure everyone wants to go back to the old world but for most part people are adjusting (at least there). 

lol got home and my neighbor had company. They were sitting outside a good 10 feet apart. Had nice talk to them from 30 feet away from my yard. 

Yeah sucks people but if you don’t what to do it for yourself then do it for others.

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Thought on opening up parts of the country based on number of cases... To take a smaller section PA has 67 counties and Philly is max with 8700+ cases and three counties have 1 case each. Couple hour drive but can see the less effected places getting hit bad if people move around without testing. Seeing how this is asymptotic we need testing before everyone starts mixing together.

Looked at the map and gets even weirder... one of the counties with one case has a few mile border with a county that has 1700+. No rhyme or reason that I can think of..,.

Edited by JimF-LowBari

54 minutes ago, JohnZ said:

um, hi.  just checking on on y'all, making sure you don't need anything..... help with your homework?  a mask?  a conversational nudge in the right direction?  m'kay, just let me know.....
On a more semi- on topic note, I am pleased to report that I was not furloughed and am on the 'ride-out' team at work for the duration of this mess.  I much rather work than sit at home on unemployment+. 

Thought you were going for the three peat in threads closed in one day.  Now, get off DCP and let the members enjoy themselves.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Ghost said:

Thought you were going for the three peat in threads closed in one day.  Now, get off DCP and let the members enjoy themselves.

Only the treads that have a difference in opinion will be closed. If we all believe exactly the same then its not a problem. :giljotiini:

3 minutes ago, E3D said:

Only the treads that have a difference in opinion will be closed. If we all believe exactly the same then its not a problem. :giljotiini:

I started one of the threads and... no...

It went off track a few times and wasn’t an opinion thread to begin with. 

Edited by JimF-LowBari

11 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

I started one of the threads and... no...

It went off track a few times and wasn’t an opinion thread to begin with. 

interesting really. 

I remember back about a year ago a certain member had a political figure for their avatar. That went on for a long time. The only time it stopped was when someone else put a different apposing political figure as their avatar. Which leads me to believe or the sneaking suspicion of sided tolerance.

Apologies your tread wen toff the tracks. 

Edited by E3D

31 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

On the encouragement side (that’s this thread right? 😜). Went to local food store that has prewrapped fresh meat so i could stay away from the meat counter maxi mob at my usual place. About 80%+ of shoppers in masks and almost all workers. Not counting people who need remedial mask wearing training (goes over mouth AND nose). Starting Tuesday this chain will only allow 50% of capacity in at one time and no mask.. no entry... meanwhile one line for all checkouts with social distancing tape and worker directing people to next checkout or open do it yourself (like me).  Sure everyone wants to go back to the old world but for most part people are adjusting (at least there). 

50% capacity?  The local grocery store opened after being closed for two weeks.  It's a very big store.   I suspect why it closed but no one has all the details.  

I would say they let in maximum 5% capacity.  Only when one customer comes out can another go in.  You must follow the lines as you go through the store.  If you exit one section and forgot to pick up something, you are not allowed to go back to get it.  Don't even think about jumping ahead to a section and missing the maze of lines.  Line patrol calls you out.  

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Continental said:

50% capacity?  The local grocery store opened after being closed for two weeks.  It's a very big store.   I suspect why it closed but no one has all the details.  

I would say they let in maximum 5% capacity.  Only when one customer comes out can another go in.  You must follow the lines as you go through the store.  If you exit one section and forgot to pick up something, you are not allowed to go back to get it.  Don't even think about jumping ahead to a section and missing the maze of lines.  Line patrol calls you out.  

Ouch... you folks in the Great White North are tough. No idea how they figure  capacity in these places. This store and the one I usually go to are by far the smallest of ones in general area. Of course people act like lemmings and crowd in the big supermarket and the box stores. If I don’t need a hard to find item I hit 90 minutes before one of the small one closes and lot less people.

Worst time for crowds is first hour “Senior citizen time”. Most ill tempered and ones who follow distancing guidelines the least. I’m 62 and have seen it first hand... never to go back again lol

Edited by JimF-LowBari

4 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Ouch... you folks in the Great White North are tough. No idea how they figure  capacity in these places. This store and the one I usually go to are by far the smallest of ones in general area. Of course people act like lemmings and crowd in the big supermarket and the box stores. If I don’t need a hard to find item I hit 90 minutes before one of the small one closes and lot less people.

Worst time for crowds is first hour “Senior citizen time”. Most ill tempered and ones who follow distancing guidelines the least. I’m 62 and have seen it first hand... never to go back again lol

My area has the highest per capita rate of infection on the island of Montreal.  It's a small city within a city.  It's also a retirement community - 35% of the population is older than 65.  I am not part of the 35%.

We had some major errors occur at the beginning of this - including two weddings that were held AFTER the order to not hold large group gatherings was given.  Multiple people at those weddings later tested positive.  In addition, as many older residents like to spend winter down in Florida, the order to self-isolate immediately upon return was ignored.  Why self-isolate right away when you can go get some groceries at the local grocery first....the one that was closed down for two weeks. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Continental said:

My area has the highest per capita rate of infection on the island of Montreal.  It's a small city within a city.  It's also a retirement community - 35% of the population is older than 65.  I am not part of the 35%.

We had some major errors occur at the beginning of this - including two weddings that were held AFTER the order to not hold large group gatherings was given.  Multiple people at those weddings later tested positive.  In addition, as many older residents like to spend winter down in Florida, the order to self-isolate immediately upon return was ignored.  Why self-isolate right away when you can go get some groceries at the local grocery first....the one that was closed down for two weeks. 

We now have the Canadian Army in use to assist with Covid-19 outbreaks in Montreal senior residences.

https://globalnews.ca/news/6838112/coronavirus-canadian-armed-forces-montreal-seniors-residences/

• Like 2