Encouragement Thread - If you need support let’s help

Saw news earlier showing protests by people who’d not want to stay home and prefer, apparently, to take their chances with Covid-19.  One girl in a truck had a sign saying “I will not comply”.  I couldn’t help but think it was selfish and disrespectful.  I support the right to protest when your rights are violated or when you are wronged.  This is not the case considering the reasons for the stay at home guidance.  What it tells me is, they don’t care if I die.  They don’t care if anyone dies as a result of their protestation to be outside in large groups. Taking THEIR chances?

I am currently watching the One World show.  What the nurses, doctors, researchers, first responders, grocery workers, delivery people and many others are doing, is trying to help us get through this.  I worked my butt of when I marched and taught, working long hours, eating not so great food at times, putting up with much more than I am asked to do now, which is stay at home, don’t infect anyone, don’t get infected.  This is easier than doing drum corps.  Plus I may not die.  

This will be over, we will get through it.  But we need to do this together.  TOGETHER!  Drum Corps taught us all one thing for sure; be patient, put in the work and you will be successful. Put in the work of staying at home.  Godspeed everyone.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

14 minutes ago, LabMaster said:

Saw news earlier showing protests by people who’d not want to stay home and prefer, apparently, to take their chances with Covid-19.  One girl in a truck had a sign saying “I will not comply”.  I couldn’t help but think it was selfish and disrespectful.  I support the right to protest when your rights are violated or when you are wronged.  This is not the case considering the reasons for the stay at home guidance.  What it tells me is, they don’t care if I die.  They don’t care if anyone dies as a result of their protestation to be outside in large groups. Taking THEIR chances?

I am currently watching the One World show.  What the nurses, doctors, researchers, first responders, grocery workers, delivery people and many others are doing, is trying to help us get through this.  I worked my butt of when I marched and taught, working long hours, eating not so great food at times, putting up with much more than I am asked to do now, which is stay at home, don’t infect anyone, don’t get infected.  This is easier than doing drum corps.  Plus I may not die.  

This will be over, we will get through it.  But we need to do this together.  TOGETHER!  Drum Corps taught us all one thing for sure; be patient, put in the work and you will be successful. Put in the work of staying at home.  Godspeed everyone.

Saw it also. Sometimes ignorance can be bliss and sometimes ignorance is just ignorance

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Like 1

Interesting case study on the CDC's website on the role of air conditioning in spreading infected droplets in a restaurant in China adds more evidence that COVID19 isn't being aerosolized, which would be a good thing (that said, some other studies suggest it might be possible, but not common, for it to be spread that way, with the biggest danger happening in hospitals), with this cool drawing; "A1" infected the other people circled in red: 

EV5rVA9X0AETvB7?format=jpg&name=900x900

Edited by N.E. Brigand

4 hours ago, LabMaster said:

i respect anyones wish to be an idiot and die as long as they stay the #### away from me

• Like 2

13 hours ago, GUARDLING said:

Saw it also. Sometimes ignorance can be bliss and sometimes ignorance is just ignorance

Would say Darwin awards but chance of spreading it to people (who didn’t know about the stupidity) is too serious to joke. All the quotes I’ve seen are “if I get it I’m strong and I’ll be fine”. Notice I I and I and not thought to others

• Like 1

Last summer I booked four seats in Business class on Lufthansa for our three-week trip to Italy in June.  They haven't cancelled our flights yet, and I haven't either.  I'm waiting for them to cancel to increase my chances of getting my money back.  I don't want a voucher, or airline credit, as who knows when it will safe for international travel again.

I need encouragement, but a hug would be better.

15 hours ago, LabMaster said:

I watched the One World Show too.  It was great but not ONCE did anyone mention the unemployment rate or those affected by it.  The single mother waitress out of work with two kids to feed.  The real workers of America who don't have the luxury of telecommuting from their mid-town Manhattan apartment.  Guess we aren't - all - in this together. 

• Like 1