Encouragement Thread - If you need support let’s help

And please avoid posts that pretend not to be political or insulting but really are, anyone who this applies to.  We aren’t stupid and we know what you are implying.

This baits people and incites more political dialogue.  And it puts others who try hard to follow the rules in an impossible position.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Patrick Stewart has been reading a different Shakespearean sonnet each day aloud for fans; here's today's installment:

Maybe corps could pick some arrangements of music (in the public domain) for small ensembles that could be performed separately by their members and/or staff and then edited together?

Hey, that guy sounds like Deputy Director Bullock.  

30 minutes ago, skevinp said:

And please avoid posts that pretend not to be political or insulting but really are, anyone who this applies to.  We aren’t stupid and we know what you are implying.

This baits people and incites more political dialogue.  And it puts others who try hard to follow the rules in an impossible position.  

I thought S and B were gone  1st initials only....lol...actually there are 2 people who I thought might be them...lol

Edited by GUARDLING

2 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Only one we got left now.... please save gripes for fb or Twitter (especially since I don’t use either 😛)

Anyone is also free to start a new thread. 

1 hour ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Patrick Stewart has been reading a different Shakespearean sonnet each day aloud for fans; here's today's installment:

Maybe corps could pick some arrangements of music (in the public domain) for small ensembles that could be performed separately by their members and/or staff and then edited together?

Remember when Garrison Keillor would recite a short poem every day?  He sure dropped off the face of the earth. And NO I Don’t want to go there as to why. I remember the first time I heard A Prairie Home Companion. I was spinning around the radio dial and landed on public radio and....what is this?  This is cute and funny.   Ahh the time goes by. That was 35 years ago haha. 

43 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

Did my share and it’s closed....

on topic 2 good things today locally... 

UPMC (Univ of Pittsburg Medical Center) announces they will start doing elective surgeries again as they are not swamped with coronavirus as they feared. 

PA started mandating you must wear a mask to go into a business. Considering the protests a few miles away yesterday and percentage of people doing the “we no need no stinking masks (or social distancing)” I was worried someone might cause trouble. So far so good... 

Edited by JimF-LowBari

3 hours ago, HockeyDad said:

That’s a hard “no” from me.

11 hours ago, LabMaster said:

OK.  You are right.  Very right.  Please don’t forget to pick up your tin foil beret when you head home.

Warner Music Group presents the first-of-its-kind virtual music festival, PlayOn Fest supporting the COVID-19 Solidarity Response Fund for the World Health Organization (WHO), powered by the UN Foundation.

Wow who knew. 

Edited by E3D

11 hours ago, LabMaster said:

OK.  You are right.  Very right.  Please don’t forget to pick up your tin foil beret when you head home.

its a love fest and yet as warner say it best without a tin foil hat and and jack a@@ around. 

"Warner Music Group presents the first-of-its-kind virtual music festival, PlayOn Fest supporting the COVID-19 Solidarity Response Fund for the World Health Organization (WHO), powered by the UN Foundation".

2 minutes ago, E3D said:

Warner Music Group presents the first-of-its-kind virtual music festival, PlayOn Fest supporting the COVID-19 Solidarity Response Fund for the World Health Organization (WHO), powered by the UN Foundation.

And so?  What point are you trying to make or Is it to initiate an irrelevant argument?  So what if WHO was part of it. Maybe it was also a conspiracy of the 3 major networks.  Or may just with late night talk show hosts. Or maybe just maybe you haven’t (or won’t) consider it was to provide something nice for the intended audience.