Encouragement Thread - If you need support let’s help

EV4jAgUU4AIgFFy?format=jpg&name=medium
Edited by N.E. Brigand
  • Haha 3

From last night's TV special:

I saw Bocelli in concert when he first became an international sensation back in the 1990s. It was an arena show, but I lucked into some excellent seats on the floor. The show alternated between him performing two or three songs and his accompanying orchestra performing an overture alone. He and they were excellent. But what I remember most is that not far in front of me was an older gentleman who was drunk and would periodically shout, often incoherently, but not during the first part of the William Tell overture, when he yelled "Boring!"

13 hours ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Interesting case study on the CDC's website on the role of air conditioning in spreading infected droplets in a restaurant in China adds more evidence that COVID19 isn't being aerosolized, which would be a good thing (that said, some other studies suggest it might be possible, but not common, for it to be spread that way, with the biggest danger happening in hospitals), with this cool drawing; "A1" infected the other people circled in red: 

EV5rVA9X0AETvB7?format=jpg&name=900x900

I know airlines have an incredible air filtration system that is suppose to kill all viruses & bacteria, but I'm guessing your average HVAC filters wouldn't filter the virus?  Going to start researching.  Maybe the expensive 3M AC filters?  :unsure:  

Edited by keystone3ply
addition

1 hour ago, keystone3ply said:

I know airlines have an incredible air filtration system that is suppose to kill all viruses & bacteria, but I'm guessing your average HVAC filters wouldn't filter the virus?  Going to start researching.  Maybe the expensive 3M AC filters?  :unsure:  

I saw a video posted by a doctor where they were using the ac filter material inside a homemade mask.  

about that concert posted above. I personally will not be supporting the WHO in any way.  :rolleyes:

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, greg_orangecounty said:

I watched the One World Show too.  It was great but not ONCE did anyone mention the unemployment rate or those affected by it.  The single mother waitress out of work with two kids to feed.  The real workers of America who don't have the luxury of telecommuting from their mid-town Manhattan apartment.  Guess we aren't - all - in this together. 

OC Greg. They don't want anyone to think about the unemployment and the actual destruction going on for the people who do not have the luxury to WORK from HOME. 

As usual they all live and speak from a bubble. I did not watch because I refuse to acknowledge that the WHO is still in existence after all of this. 

All in this together is relative when you are in the luxury to ignore the real suffering. 

5 minutes ago, E3D said:

OC Greg. They don't want anyone to think about the unemployment and the actual destruction going on for the people who do not have the luxury to WORK from HOME. 

As usual they all live and speak from a bubble. I did not watch because I refuse to acknowledge that the WHO is still in existence after all of this. 

All in this together is relative when you are in the luxury to ignore the real suffering. 

The WHO has done good work in the past, but when push-came-to-shove they revealed themselves to be a SHILL for the Chinese Communist regime.   I yelled at my T.V. like old people do when Tedros Adhanom appeared.

Not a huge fan of "the Donald" but I'm glad he cut them off. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, greg_orangecounty said:

The WHO has done good work in the past, but when push-came-to-shove they revealed themselves to be a SHILL for the Chinese Communist regime.   I yelled at my T.V. like old people do when Tedros Adhanom appeared.

Not a huge fan of "the Donald" but I'm glad he cut them off. 

Same for me! I did not vote for the orange man but glad someone cut them off. 

Thought on opening up parts of the country based on number of cases... To take a smaller section PA has 67 counties and Philly is max with 8700+ cases and three counties have 1 case each. Couple hour drive but can see the less effected places getting hit bad if people move around without testing. Seeing how this is asymptotic we need testing before everyone starts mixing together.

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

um, hi.

just checking on on y'all, making sure you don't need anything..... help with your homework?  a mask?  a conversational nudge in the right direction?

m'kay, just let me know.....

On a more semi- on topic note, I am pleased to report that I was not furloughed and am on the 'ride-out' team at work for the duration of this mess.  I much rather work than sit at home on unemployment+. 

16 minutes ago, JohnZ said:

um, hi.

just checking on on y'all, making sure you don't need anything..... help with your homework?  a mask?  a conversational nudge in the right direction?

m'kay, just let me know.....

On a more semi- on topic note, I am pleased to report that I was not furloughed and am on the 'ride-out' team at work for the duration of this mess.  I much rather work than sit at home on unemployment+. 

Saw you were logged in earlier and glad you are doing well as can be John. Any more if you don’t hear from someone for a while you start to wonder... 🤭

• Like 1