Compressed summer tour DCI announcement

25 minutes ago, Continental said:

You are the first to demand proof.

"Google" is not a proof.  Can you please provide a link to what you read. 

I see "Citation needed" all the time here.  I always thought it was strange that there was a request for a now defunct '80s Chevy with rear brakes that locked up and a radio that was tilted on it's left side. 

Yes...  I have trades to settle, but, yes.  I’ll find it, be patient.  urgggggghhh
Fair.  I’d ask the same.

6 minutes ago, garfield said:

Yes...  I have trades to settle, but, yes.  I’ll find it, be patient.  urgggggghhh
Fair.  I’d ask the same.

I know you are numbers/statistics guy.

Right now we are dealing with so many things that when I read something, I look at the source site, the origin of the source material and if I see it being referenced on other non-affiliated sites. 

I tend to be more skeptical at first but I do try to read as much as i can to try to understand what is being discussed. 

I also read what you post thoroughly because of your detailed responses. 

Edited by Continental

31 minutes ago, garfield said:

This doesn’t mutate or revive.  Don’t have the quote, but I read the report today.  Google.

There’s no such thing as error proof replication with viruses. It will definitely mutate. (They’ve already identified what appears to be two separate strains.) But that doesn’t mean that the variants will be any worse or unaffected by previously engineered vaccines.

I think it’s a little too soon to be declaring this as a one and done. We probably won’t have a decent idea until we see how things play out next Fall. Hopefully the vaccine will be in place by then. And DCI can plan for a 2021 season.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, year1buick said:

There’s no such thing as error proof replication with viruses. It will definitely mutate. (They’ve already identified what appears to be two separate strains.) But that doesn’t mean that the variants will be any worse or unaffected by previously engineered vaccines.

I think it’s a little too soon to be declaring this as a one and done. We probably won’t have a decent idea until we see how things play out next Fall. Hopefully the vaccine will be in place by then. And DCI can plan for a 2021 season.

Saw the separate strains info too. REALLY wish I hadn’t given away my copy of The Great Influenza by John Barry. IIRC people thought that was once and done too but then the new strain/mutation(?) kicked in and that was the bad one. IMO hold on, try to stay calm but don’t be surprised by anything 

1 hour ago, Continental said:

I know you are numbers/statistics guy.

Right now we are dealing with so many things that when I read something, I look at the source site, the origin of the source material and if I see it being referenced on other non-affiliated sites. 

I tend to be more skeptical at first but I do try to read as much as i can to try to understand what is being discussed. 

I also read what you post thoroughly because of your detailed responses. 

OK, here's one I still had open.  I'll have to grab the others from my history.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/07/health/coronavirus-mutations-analysis/index.html

Although we didn't have a global pandemic to deal with we basically learned our show in 5 weeks and won C.Y.O. (sorry 2-7 😜), the U.S. Open, and then D.C.I.

It can be done.  Try and think a little positive.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, greg_orangecounty said:

Although we didn't have a global pandemic to deal with we basically learned our show in 5 weeks and won C.Y.O. (sorry 2-7 😜), the U.S. Open, and then D.C.I.

It can be done.  Try and think a little positive.

Yeah that's the cure....think positive. Jeez. Is that all? 

23 minutes ago, DFA1970 said:

Yeah that's the cure....think positive. Jeez. Is that all? 

I provided a historical example of what has been accomplished in a short amount of time.  I'll leave the doom-and-gloom to others.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, greg_orangecounty said:

😖

Edited by Jurassic Lancer
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, keystone3ply said:

I'll take plan B if there's no plan A (normal, regular season).  I don't want to even think about plan C. 😢 

may have no choice.

• Sad 1