Xmen director resigns

35 minutes ago, kdaddy said:

That's a great point and the post you responded to should be edited:
"DCP is lining up on this issue exactly the same way it does with every other issue concerning human decency."

And don't forget the B side:
"DCP is lining up on this issue exactly the same way it does with every other issue concerning science."

While I want to commend your suggested editing, if you watch the posts on here, they do line up with prior political discussions.  As this is DCP and we have to be very cautious and conscientious about what we post, diving further into discussions like this brings along the risk of things getting out of control and the moderators closing the thread down. 

Should opinions different than my own be banned?  No - I want to know what others are thinking.  Keep in mind though, that when people post their opinions, they cannot prevent others from wanting to post a counter argument.  In my own case, I start to feel pity - for some of the opinions I see.   Do others want me to start posting on that?  I suspect not.   

We already clearly know the divisions here.   They are the exact same divisions from the exact same players that come up every time until the thread gets shut down. 

Edited by Continental
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Actually, that may be the best idea in a long time.

common sense is my biggest downfall in todays world

4 hours ago, Continental said:

No surprise here.

DCP is lining up on this issue exactly the same way it does with every other issue concerning political ideology. 

This thread is not that far from being closed. 

how so?

5 minutes ago, Continental said:

Should opinions different than my own be banned?  No - I want to know what others are thinking.  Keep in mind though, that when people post their opinions, they cannot prevent others from wanting to post a counter argument.  

3 trains of thought my great white north buddy... and we’re pretty close

1) as long as the differing opinions expressed are respectful no problem. IOW no name calling and if things get gut churning then walk away

2) can never understand when someone posts and gets a differing opinion they start whining they are being censored or “not allowed to speak”. Don’t see it on DCP but other places both SM and in person

3) (put on smart ### but serious hat) I’m all for freedom of speech. That way I know who the hell to stay away from 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Continental said:

We already clearly know the divisions here.   They are the exact same divisions from the exact same players that come up every time until the thread gets shut down. 

I'm not arguing this. 

And I'll I propose a corollary: If it's an opinion that's not mine, it's political. (where "mine" is akin to the "general you")

2 hours ago, kdaddy said:

I'm not arguing this. 

And I'll I propose a corollary: If it's an opinion that's not mine, it's political. (where "mine" is akin to the "general you")

Can’t get my words to come out right...

bottom line is it’s too easy to claim “that’s political” (instead of human side) with a dissenting opinion....

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Can’t get my words to come out right...

bottom line is it’s too easy to claim “that’s political” (instead of human side) with a dissenting opinion....

Just as it is easy to pass off a political opinion as being about human decency.  

• Thanks 1

No reason why people should be banned for a differing opinion. Even if the opinion is ignorant.