Colorado Marching Band Cancelled

4 minutes ago, Ghost said:

With all the cleaning the drivers might have to do, finding bus drivers might be hard.

Good point, from what I can tell lot of bus drivers are retired so not the best age group for CV exposure. My old district just switched bus companies again. Wonder how CV affects any contracts. 

This appears to have gone political 10-15 pages ago.  Or am I missing something?

:fight:

1 hour ago, Ghost said:

With all the cleaning the drivers might have to do, finding bus drivers might be hard.

and a bus driver tests positive...the trickle down effect is staggering. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, N.E. Brigand said:

I think you've mentioned John Barry's book about the Spanish Flu outbreak a time or two here, so this may be of interest to you:

"John Barry, author of The Great Influenza, says a full shutdown may be necessary. 'Had we done it right the first time, we’d be operating at near 100% now, schools would be preparing for a nearly normal school year . . . This is our second chance. We won’t get a third.'"

What “right the first time” would have stopped this and made everything OK by now?  

9 minutes ago, skevinp said:

What “right the first time” would have stopped this and made everything OK by now?  

A two-month national lockdown, one nearly as tough as what Italy eventually did (and we never did here), starting on March 15 probably would have done it, especially if we used that time well and then reopened smartly and ready to test, trace, and isolate on a massive scale.

Edited by N.E. Brigand
  • Like 3

21 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

and a bus driver tests positive...the trickle down effect is staggering. 

Which reminds me.... wonder how many school districts Durham(sp?) Bus services in Central PA. One driver gets it and is in contact with others.... could be schools in a couple of counties affected.

Edited by JimF-LowBari

5 minutes ago, N.E. Brigand said:

A two-month national lockdown, one nearly as tough as what Italy eventually did (and we never did here), starting on March 15 probably would have done it, especially if we used that time well and then reopened smartly and ready to test, trace, and isolate on a massive scale.

The problem,from what I've read is,under the Constitution,the Federal Government doesn't have the authority to impose a

national lock down like Italy and Spain did.

That would violate state's rights.

A friend of mine is a Constitutional Lawyer.

He's actually qualified to argue cases before the Supreme Court.

He said that,not only would attempting a  national lock down violate the Constitution,

if challenged in court ,so would a lot of the Executive Orders put in place by some 

Governors.

I know in N.J. our governor wanted to suspend the Second Amendment, 

by stopping all fire arm and ammunition sales.

In that case the Feds did step in an stop him.

11 minutes ago, rpbobcat said:

I know in N.J. our governor wanted to suspend the Second Amendment, by stopping all fire arm and ammunition sales. In that case the Feds did step in an stop him.

Well, he did say it was above his pay grade.

Edited by Ghost