Educators and Covid vaccinations - yes DC related

6 hours ago, soccerguy315 said:

How many corps have no kids under 16 or 18? (I expect the top corps, 2 of which are not playing this year, perhaps have the fewest)

Perhaps those kids will not be allowed this year? 

Moot point for 2021, not going to be at the last group by summer...

23 hours ago, inbetween said:

North Carolina is in no hurry to vaccinate teachers. Has even commented they do not think teachers need to be moved up the list in vaccine order. This after saying all schools needed to offer some sort of in person option. 

Well, eat my foot. NC just announced teachers can begin getting the vaccine on february 24th. 

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, year1buick said:

The Pfizer vaccine has been approved for 16 and up and the Moderna for 18 and up.

Moderna  started clinical trials on 12-17 year-olds in late December, but from an article I read they are having issues getting enough kids to participate, which delays any results/approvals.

Pfizer began to include children 12-15 in trials last October, but I do not see anything further.

Both companies are looking for 3,000 kids to participate. Pfizer and Moderna think they can get approvals for the adolescent groups by the start of the next school year. Hence...don't look for anything this summer for those groups.

Both say vaccines for kids younger than 12 will not happen until next year, with those kids receiving a lower dosage.

1 hour ago, O'Neal's said:

So much struggle in some states. 

Covid 19 cases and hospitalizations are down even further something around 52% now. good news.

Hope it stays that way. Hoping people learning finally and getting vaccinations started help to keep things from jacking up again like few months ago. Been following PA latest with an app and not great but at least going in right direction 

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, cixelsyd said:

Imagine the whole nation "coordinated" like PA is right now. 

(Careful what you wish for.)

at this stage, any kind of unison approach would be tolerated.

as for PA, it's not always fun, but i have made it work and learned to live with it. i'd rather i am healthy, my family is healthy, and i'm not constantly at risk or putting others at risk if it turns out i somehow did pick it up.

• Sad 1

I'm in CA and work for a big university (Berkeley) and they are now starting to do vaccines for mid line essential workers like me. We have to wait for an official email and make an appt. Some of my colleagues have gotten the first dose. This is all through my work place. My health insurance has yet to say anything other than they are doing it for people over 65 and other people with factors but they are very slow and getting their members in the mix as least for right now. I fell more positive right now than I ever felt. We are seeing that light at the end of a still long tunnel but it's there. 

11 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

My state is ranked 47th in vaccine dispersement.  My 68 year old husband hasn’t even heard from the VA or the medical group he’s in as to when he’ll get offered a vaccine.  I’m sure I’m way down the list.  Abysmal.  Illinois is a big joke and everyone is laughing. 

We’re not last!

We’re not last!

• Haha 2