Blue Devils 2021 Announcements

3 hours ago, Poppycock said:

Yes those naughty little Devils will be at it again. 

Lexie told me the other day that she expects the Devils will win it all in 2022. The right stuff where dreams are made. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, DFA1970 said:

BD  Will dominate in 2022. Mark my words.

Way to go out on a limb there... predict domination from the corps that has finished 1st or 2nd since 2006!

:worthy:

On 5/10/2021 at 7:32 PM, George Dixon said:

So, there's no value in Indy or the mini-tour this year? Highly disagree.

Most of the corps heading to the "dog & pony show" are either full or nearly full corps at this time > so there's your "evidence of perceived value" >> at least to those hundreds and hundreds of marching members!

A large number of other CA corps are making it work! Mandarins, Pacific Crest, etc.

The attitude is very questionable. JMO It comes across (to me) like those with deep pockets "can't be bothered" since there's no hardware for the taking.

there's far more cost than value. 

15 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

And honestly, I think the cost-benefit is a  toss-up with corps east of the Mississippi. 

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

And honestly, I think the cost-benefit is a  toss-up with corps east of the Mississippi. 

I’m not sure.  With some googling, buses cost about 1500 per day inclusive of driver and fuel.  Tractors are about 400 per day inclusive of driver but not fuel.  Add in 200 in fuel per tractor per day, that’s 144,000 for 4 buses and 2 tractors for 20 days.  150 members x 3000 per is 450000.   Of course there are other expenses for corps vehicles fuel, etc.   Then other expenses that are incurred if you have a season with or without touring such as food, housing and instructional staff.  When a corps states that member fees don’t cover all expenses, it appears to be they do cover the variable costs, just not all the fixed costs.  Seems there is financial benefit to having a season at least for the mid west corps.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

in your opinion... drum corps has never been a profitable exercise; but these 2021 members NEEDED this - BD/SCV etc. have essentially abandoned 2 years' worth of age outs, clearly no longer about the kids JMO