Bluecoats 2022

1 hour ago, Ashontheinternet said:

Bluecoats woke up noticed they needed to change stuff to stay competitive with Crown and SCV. Bloo is now putting up a fight and is gonna fight tooth and nail to stay in the top 3. i think they can pull it off. 

The new "STUFF" has been planned since before the first show...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, oldbandguy said:

The new "STUFF" has been planned since before the first show...

most of it has been yes. i know they have changed some book and choreo to be more competitive. but i'm more talking about the cleanliness and clarity. they have worked it extensively and it is beginning to pay off. 

Interview with keytaurist

Really awesome stuff! This kid is so talented!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, kdaddy said:

Any ideas on what the uniform change represents? Seems a little too specific to be a simple uni change.

they are pajamas,  the guy just woke up at the end, they are no longer in the dream but awake and wearing the pajamas they went to sleep in.  the regular uniform is the crazy dream outfit.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, bluecoats88 said:

they are pajamas,  the guy just woke up at the end, they are no longer in the dream but awake and wearing the pajamas they went to sleep in.  the regular uniform is the crazy dream outfit.

Wow that will certainly set on fire the people who complain about the modern costumes looking like pajamas 😂

Edited by Cappybara
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

Wow that will certainly set on fire the people who complain about the modern costumes looking like pajamas 😂

I didn't get that they were pajamas at all, and I still loved them. They're stunning.

Covering the MMs bodies shouldn't be controversial, especially when they have Lagola creating them. He's a legacy, trustworthy voice in costume design and I've sung his praises on DCP before.

It has certainly been argued, that when bodies are covered in layered or bagging clothing, you can't see the movement fully. I've debunked this myth consistently in my career AND this guard has the most mature movers in the activity right now. If anything, bulkier costumes makes the guard look bigger at a distance and you can see their ensemble shapes better because of them.

One of the best uses of white this season as well.