Sexual Assault: Spirit of Atlanta 2021

All of these stories make me absolutely sick to my stomach. THIS ONE, however, really hits me hard. If true, this is shameful and inexcusable. I'm at a complete loss for words right now and that's saying something for me. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

If the events in this accusation can be corroborated then SoA needs to be shut down, perhaps forever, or at least for one year & required to get completely new staff from top to bottom.   

Kudos to this person for speaking out.

Outside of the terribleness of what happened- Here’s my question- if it seems like recommendations were made to DCI and Spirit from the external investigators, doesn’t DCI itself have an obligation to publish the recommendations??? Where do they fit into all of this? They are the ones who created the ethics phone number, yes? Don’t they have some obligation to be transparent with recommendations after someone calls their line and an investigation is finished? 

Where dues is now $5k a summer for the most part, it seems that more transparency from DCI itself should be part of that reporting process. This seems to be a failure of both SOA and DCI. 

• Like 2

This is bad. This is really bad. And this person came with receipts so I 100% believe them. SoA needs to clean house and DCI needs to do some overhauling too because this is happening far too often. Because the truth is, if I had a daughter I wouldn’t feel comfortable letting her march in a corps. 

• Like 1

Does anyone know Tricia Nadolny's current email address?  

Her DMs are opn on Twitter. 

2 hours ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

If the events in this accusation can be corroborated then SoA needs to be shut down, perhaps forever, or at least for one year & required to get completely new staff from top to bottom.   

Did some digging. Seems a lack of action for months prompted this to get to this stage. It’s going all over social media. 

• Like 1

Does anyone know Tricia Nadolny's current email address?  

She’s aware. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

What in this situation suggests that we should permanently shut down an institution, instead of identifying and disciplining the people who committed bad acts?  Asking for a friend.

Edited by cixelsyd
  • Thanks 1