Tuesday, July 5th - MidCal Champions Showcase - Fresno, California

52 minutes ago, Chief Guns said:

Thanks!!!!! Just texted my son. Corps is super stoked right now. First time in Gold's history they beat BDB and SCVC. History was made tonight. 

Congrats on the Gold win.   I though something was up with them when I saw them at the PC preview show.   Very impressed with the drum line.  That blond kid from Pulse is doing a real good job as a tech. But, remember:   keep them motivated and working hard.  no one will remember who won the first show of the season,  but everyone will remember who won the last show.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, 27Socal said:

Congrats on the Gold win.   I though something was up with them when I saw them at the PC preview show.   Very impressed with the drum line.  That blond kid from Pulse is doing a real good job as a tech. But, remember:   keep them motivated and working hard.  no one will remember who won the first show of the season,  but everyone will remember who won the last show.

Thanks!!! And your words speak the truth. 

5 hours ago, Reed said:

Just heard that closer won't be in tonight after all.  Their rehearsal got interrupted by a Shakespeare society? Not sure the whole story, but something happened... 🤷‍♂️

Ugh...

Pretty rude of BD to barge in with Ghostlight. 😜

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Mandarins seem to have recruited well and retained their best visual instructors. They will easily make finals at this pace. Really impressive.

• Like 8

The more I listen to BD 2022 the more it feels a lot like BD 2016 (as dreams are made on) and i loved that one...I'm probably the only one that feels that way. I look forward to regionals season when we get blessed with everyone at the same show. 

• Like 4

48 minutes ago, Tony Flores said:

The more I listen to BD 2022 the more it feels a lot like BD 2016 (as dreams are made on) and i loved that one...I'm probably the only one that feels that way. I look forward to regionals season when we get blessed with everyone at the same show. 

I love that show as well, especially the treatment of the ballad and the drum feature with whatever drum speak they were using. Fantastic!

• Like 2

9 hours ago, 27Socal said:

I didn't see BD beating SCV in drums again tonite.   Watch them both in the lot for more than 2 minutes.   You'll know.   Scott Johnson is so good at watering down the snare parts and hiding them in the back for about 80% of the show.   Really need to get the drum judge back on the field.  This is ridiculous.   SCV should be beating BD in drums by a least a point.  Watch them both in sectionals at practice.  It pains me to say this, because i know kids in BD's line and staff.   I say it like i see it.

I has SCV winning as well- especially with who was judging drums (know the guy)

I was sitting about 25 feet from the drum majors right on the 50- and the look on Rennick's face after SCV's solos were priceless. He was so stoked. But I guess BD just had a little extra...