Abuse in Drum Corps

How about Marc Sylvester screaming “your head is bobbing around like you’re walking to the ####### taco stand” from the box on loudspeaker to a Cuban-American member

Honestly, early 2000s drum corps and its definition of “normal” made me a worse person.

I need to say that I have always and still do have respect for the Regiment organization.  

• Like 1

22 hours ago, kdaddy said:

I kept an eye on the Regiment guard staff to see if Sheldon Apo would be removed, but he's still there.

What was to be gained by keeping this guy around? "Doing what's right" aside, this was eventually always going to be another distraction in what has the potential to be a magical year. You should always address an issue in the offseason, not mid-season.

Could it be that he apologized and sought training such that Regiment was sufficiently satisfied? Should it matter? I'm not really sure what the answer is.

You realize this was from last year right?

13 hours ago, Liahona said:

Speaking to many folks around rehearsals that's exactly what I've heard. BAC also has a zero tolerance policy which I've realized is not just a policy for policy's sake, but something they've taken very serious action on as well over the years.

And the policy applies (and has been applied) to mm’s and staff (admin, instructional, volunteers, etc.).

26 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Yes.  And when it is not decisively addressed to the time it festers.  

Do you mean because the instructor was not fired, it was not decisively addressed?

Or because Phantom did not comment on this publicly?

Or perhaps both of the above?

1 hour ago, Mello Dude said:

You realize this was from last year right?

yes but apparently whatever Phantom did or didn't do wasn't enough if its come back out with more details.

• Like 2