Tuesday, July 19th “DCI Broken Arrow” …. Tiger Stadium Broken Arrow High School … Broken Arrow, OKLAHOMA

BAC is too traditional for the current moment I think. If you compare the "visual language" to Bluecoats or BD, it's just much more traditional - lots of typical company fronts, blocks, arcs etc. It's like an early 2010s Crown show? a little bit IMHO.

Edited by FTNK
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

Imagine these top 5 being within 2pts of each other. 

What is the record for smallest gap between 1st and 5th on Finals night?

Anyone feeling like doing homework?

• Like 1

Would give the BD show designers $100 if they did a show where the word “dream” isn’t narrated at some point.

11 minutes ago, ContraFart said:

I dont disagree, I just think a champion should be adding something new to the activity. I believe that is the only reason why Bloo won in 2016

I think that we have to be attentive to the differences between creativity and innovation.  Sometimes, the best shows are not the most innovative (think Troopers use of e-cello is innovative this year, but may not make top 12) and vice-versa. Sometimes, we get both and that is definitely a champion-level performance in most years! (e.g., bloo in 2016 like you cited).  I haven't seen anything at the very top levels of performance this year that particularly strikes me as innovative yet (maybe it will hit me as we go along), but there are some creative approaches to shows this year.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

They must be counting tics or something 

A 5 way tie?

Edited by ThePlanets

1 minute ago, Terri Schehr said:

I’m still hanging despite taking 5mg of melatonin at 11.  I’m fading fast though. 

That stuff works for ya?  I've never tried it.  Been sleeping a ton better since elevating the head of my bed though anyway so much less tempted these days.