Tuesday, July 19th “DCI Broken Arrow” …. Tiger Stadium Broken Arrow High School … Broken Arrow, OKLAHOMA

7 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

exactly how I feel most years (and this) with BD

Someone somewhere has taken the directions from the back of the shampoo bottle too seriously. 

Lather.

Rinse.

Repeat.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Incognito365 said:

Someone somewhere has taken the directions from the back of the shampoo bottle too seriously. 

Lather.

Rinse.

Repeat.

Five years from now, when I want to revisit some shows, I won’t be reaching for the recent BD shows.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Incognito365 said:

Lather.

Rinse.

Repeat.

They could bring some excitement by adding a step:

Lather.

Rinse.

Reach for Hair Dryer.

Repeat.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Quad Aces said:

Five years from now, when I want to revisit some shows, I won’t be reaching for the recent BD shows.

Last BD show I reach for is 2011. And that's not because I hate the current BD shows or anything, but that's the last time I truly remember feeling differently about a BD show. It's also the last one that I truly liked. Not liking something doesn't refer to hating it, just not my cup of tea. Folks need to realize that when you say you don't like something, it doesn't automatically mean you hate it.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Quad Aces said:

I mean, this is how I feel about some other corps myself. Different strokes for different folks!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, skevinp said:

They could bring some excitement by adding a step:

Lather.

Rinse.

Reach for Hair Dryer.

Repeat.

A frizzy, teased, big hair 80s show from BD? I'd be down for that. Something kind of like what Claudia Taylor Johnson did in 2016, but on a more grander scale.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Quad Aces said:

Never thought about it that way, but that’s my same experience. BD has a formula and they execute it flawlessly with very high talent. I like their shows (and like this years too), but rarely, do I ever go back to them in the future like I do some of the Cadets, Cavaliers, and SCV shows from years passed.  

• Like 5

43 minutes ago, Chief Guns said:

That is the truth! I don't think I was ever turned away from buying a hip hop CD that had the parental advisory on it lol. Sam Goody was my go to place for music. Good times back then.

Haha yeah! Who had time to check parental advisory labels. The audacity of them even making us get behind a register!

Jk, possibly the most laid back job I ever had, if you want to even call it a job. I pretty much just hung out with my HS friends ha. Good times.

• Like 1

Whenever subjective judging exists it’s always going to favor the reigning champion.  Happens in sports, including Drum Corps, and life in general.  Crown needed to deliver a knock-out punch and they just didn’t.  Being just “maybeeeeeee” a little better isn’t enough.  

Never is.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, saxfreq1128 said:

Also, everyone, we gotta get away from counting drops as a test of whether judges are “right” about guard scores … I get that they’re the loudest errors, but in the scheme of things, they’re skindeep.  

A dropped piece of equipment that travels 10 yards from your spot is more than skin-deep - in my opinion.  It's like saying car crashes shouldn't be considered against a person's driving record.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1