Saturday, August 13th 5:30 PM ET “DCI World Championship Finals” Lucas Oil Stadium Indianapolis, Indiana

34 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

My list is actually in no specific order, I think If I had revise it into an ordered list I’d go 

1. Bluecoats

2. Phantom

3. Blue Devils 

4. Boston Crusaders

5. Troopers 

6. Cadets 

Unfortunately SCV’s show has become a bit too repetitive for me 😞 and as much as I love the music book for Crown, the cheese was a bit too much for me this year 

OMG, Cappy! We agree 100% Has that ever happened? 

Edited by Jurassic Lancer

14 minutes ago, Mikah said:

When I watched live broadcast and now while watching the replay, I noticed a horrible echo when the Commandant's Own marched in. 

I've never marched in LOS.  I wonder if the kids marching can hear an echo?

Many of those performers March in domes during their HS marching band season or at Nats in November at LOS. They handle it like a plum.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Mikah said:

When I watched live broadcast and now while watching the replay, I noticed a horrible echo when the Commandant's Own marched in. 

I've never marched in LOS.  I wonder if the kids marching can hear an echo?

Not as bad as the old place in Indy. I saw horns down and I could still hear them playing in the old Indy dome.  It was high comedy. 

1 minute ago, Terri Schehr said:

Not as bad as the old place in Indy. I saw horns down and I could still hear them playing in the old Indy dome.  It was high comedy. 

Georgia Dome is AWFUL for echo. I don't know how the front ensemble ever kept up listening back. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MarimbaManiac said:

Even note for note transcriptions of segments of pieces, are still being removed from their initial venue, initial instrumentation (usually), and truncated to be appropriate for the competitive venues, time limits, spatial limitations, and competitive needs. Those corps took existing artistic expression, and shoehorned it into a narrow competitive medium. It's dissecting previous artistic forms and creating competitive exercises with the leftover pieces. 

What the members are doing on the field is amazing, in terms of being able to execute utilitarian musical vignettes and movement with increasing levels of excellence, but it's not art. It's closer to a sport, than it is art. There is nothing wrong with that, but there is a difference. 

Channel3, is this you?

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Terri Schehr said:

It is but extremely comfortable and seating is more accessible than LOS.

Oh GOD yes. And the beer and food selection is MARVELOUS by comparison. Plus...they have HAND RAILS OMG!!!!

25 minutes ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

OMG, Cappy! We agree 100% Has that ever happened? 

I think it's actually against DCP terms of use 🤣

• Haha 5

59 minutes ago, Weaklefthand4ever said:

Georgia Dome is AWFUL for echo. I don't know how the front ensemble ever kept up listening back. 

followed the DM?

56 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

It is but extremely comfortable and seating is more accessible than LOS.

I wonder if DCI could ever head to TX for finals rather than the heat tour - Cowboys stadium (which I'm sure is crazy expensive) is WONDERFUL. LOS is ehh

Edited by George Dixon
  • Like 5

6 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

followed the DM?

As you are well aware George, sometimes easier said than done if the echo is bad enough. Your brain just sometimes just doesn't trust your eyes as much as it does your ears. But yes, you should always follow the DM LOL. 

• Haha 1