2023 Season Predictions

1 hour ago, scheherazadesghost said:

...sigh nm, just call me the thread killer and have fun with your season.

I predict that Vanguard alum will enrich the corps they decided to march with this season. Lucky them.

I don't know if this helps, but there is an SCV trumpet vet and a brass staff person with BAC, and both seem to be having a great summer so far.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, corps8294 said:

Oh good grief. :laugh: Okay, usually when a corps has an anniversary year; the show and corps, overall, tend to be a little more special and a little more driven to create something special and memorable just because. How's that for an expanded answer? :doh::rolleyes::laugh:
Sometimes I think DCP could use a little more "Coffee Shop." :thumbup:

Just to be clear... 

Generally speaking, I think corps give their best collective competitive efforts every season, with no trend of saving their finest for anniversary years.  And if I was going to contend otherwise, I would not pick the corps whose only years missing DCI finals were in their 25th and 30th anniversary seasons.

Best wishes to Cavaliers for their 75th.  🥳

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, cixelsyd said:

Just to be clear... 

Generally speaking, I think corps give their best collective competitive efforts every season, with no trend of saving their finest for anniversary years.  And if I was going to contend otherwise, I would not pick the corps whose only years missing DCI finals were in their 25th and 30th anniversary seasons.

Best wishes to Cavaliers for their 75th.  🥳

I agree. I don’t think an anniversary year motivates the corps to put on a better show. It might bring more alumni and fans to Indianapolis and crowd reaction can take a performance up a notch.

4 hours ago, jjeffeory said:

1998 was a good 50th Anniversary year. Went from 7th to 4th too, so that tracks too.

That was a really good show for them. Late ‘90s Cavies kinda underrated overall. Yes, even the F******d show lolol

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, BlueStainGlass said:

If this happens

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSaCwOgVw9_DOOluaPSDFB

That’s a bit unsettling.