Staff Merry-go-round

1 hour ago, cixelsyd said:

This deserves a fact check.  Returning to the post in question... 

Okay, fair enough.  You, in fact, did not imply anything.  You just came out and stated it.

And true, you did ask a question.  (Among other things.)

Well, the statement before it (and the sarcastic answer after it) are pushing the contention that diversity has not been satisfactorily achieved in some manner somewhere.  

"Unfortunately 1 out of 5,6,7 or 10 in leadership would not constitute diversity. How many members of the entire staff on the Cadets are Black? 2?"

The first part of my statement was general and did not apply to anyone (the Cadets nor any other organization was mentioned). The second part is the question does apply directly to the Cadets, and that is patently clear.

Please read what is stated and not assume anything. If you need clarity, just ask. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Sutasaurus said:

And that makes me truly sad. I have a boatload of respect for the former organization. The corps always comported themselves with grace, dignity, and respect for the competitive side of the activity….always a class act. Unfortunately, these tenets don’t matter as much now as they did then. Did Hopkinsgate change all of this or was it something else?

I think the "military bearing" seems to be gone....within the ADULTS. The members seem to still conduct themselves much better than the adults have within the past few years, and this isn't just a Cadets thing either. 

Edited by 2000Cadet
  • Like 7

39 minutes ago, 2000Cadet said:

I think the "military attitude" seem to be gone....within the ADULTS. The members seem to still conduct themselves much better than the adults have within the past few years, and this isn't just a Cadets thing either. 

This is a great point. 21 and under students seem to have a better grasp of right and wrong.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

I find it interesting that the behind-the-scenes soap opera hasn’t kept them from success on the field.  

well...it has at times. when i say for a while i'm talking at least 10 years

• Like 2

12 hours ago, 2000Cadet said:

I think the "military bearing" seems to be gone....within the ADULTS. The members seem to still conduct themselves much better than the adults have within the past few years, and this isn't just a Cadets thing either. 

absolutely, 100%

• Like 1

12 hours ago, kdaddy said:

This is a great point. 21 and under students seem to have a better grasp of right and wrong.

about this sort of stuff absolutely

• Like 1

15 hours ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

I find it interesting that the behind-the-scenes soap opera hasn’t kept them from success on the field.  

I mean, right now on paper I would expect them to be BETTER in 2023 than 2022. Yes, it's crazy.

23 hours ago, contraguard05 said:

The same Academy that has a percussion guy who was put on leave from his university gig? I'm sensing a trend here.

yup - clear pattern