Blue Devils in the Details 2023

Has anyone seen the YT video of Everett Kim (Funliner) trying to dispel some BD myths/hate? Pretty interesting arguments. 

Edited by Rylan
  • Like 4

Oh tasty and brings backs memories.

4 hours ago, mboogey73 said:

While we're talking about the battery, we need to talk about what BDs bass line is doing these days. All bass lines are leaps and bounds better than they were years ago, but what BD is doing is just sick. They're almost playing tenor splits at this point.  If you haven't done it, take a few minutes and just focus on what they're doing with their book. Outrageous.

The whole drum line moves like nobody this year. And not just moving but playing a difficult book to boot. They are comparable to those lines in 1994 and 96. 

• Like 6

43 minutes ago, DFA1970 said:

The whole drum line moves like nobody this year. And not just moving but playing a difficult book to boot. They are comparable to those lines in 1994 and 96. 

What's funny is a week or so ago, I was coming out of a show with a friend and I think for the first time ever, BD's biggest weakness had been their feet. I honestly don't think I've ever said that about a BD corps but at least early season, I was surprised by the fact that they actually had pretty noticeable dirt in their feet and were making just bad mental mistakes. Now saying that, I can almost guarantee that all of it is cleaned up completely (if it hasn't been already since I haven't seen a show in 10+ days now) by finals but just found it ironic.

But yes, their book is crazy and the fact they are achieving it at the level they are is even crazier. And it's not like the other groups don't have great books either but still. Can't wait to get in front of that line again in a lot.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, skevinp said:

Can anyone tell me who arranged the ballad?  It is the most beautiful thing I’ve ever heard on the field.

It is remarkable how they’ve been able to take such a well known song and make it...ethereal. I haven’t seen much mention of how they have pairs of horns back-to-back, rotating for part of it. That circular sound they create as they turn likely adds to the effect.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2