The Cavaliers 2023

10 hours ago, dcifanforlife said:

Cavaliers Medical Health and Wellness team is a joke.  How can the Cavaliers be the only World Class corps doing a standstill?   Members must not be following basic hygiene procedures.  It is time to call out those that are responsible for this.

That's not quite how this works.

Mike

• Like 2

On 7/25/2023 at 11:08 PM, Hook'emCavies said:

Just found a clip of a show in Tomball and my woo after they yell splooie is present... and when i yelled no fear Cavaliers is clearly present after the salute. I just need to do it at finals lol!!!!

I love the confused emoji... I can send you the link.

More or less, it was my goal to yell as loud as I could to support them because they aren't getting a lot on here at the moment. They deserve so many great things and hopefully it will come sooner than later.

I saw that YT vid from Tomball and heard you loud and clear. WTG, you're officially an influencer! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, dcifanforlife said:

Cavaliers Medical Health and Wellness team is a joke.  How can the Cavaliers be the only World Class corps doing a standstill?   Members must not be following basic hygiene procedures.  It is time to call out those that are responsible for this.

They started the whole Medical Health and Wellness thing that other corps now do, so..... laughable!

Other corps have people out, and the Cascades sat out too.

What's with these ignorant and asinine comments? It's tiresome. It's also destructive. Stop it!

Edited by jjeffeory
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 4

23 hours ago, dcifanforlife said:

I'm not exactly sure how to respond to this 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Hook'emCavies said:

I'm not exactly sure how to respond to this 

The Cavaliers created the idea of component medical teams and pushed it on the whole activity. We used to have kids from other corps come see our staff on tour to be taken care of.

The corps you should have most confidence in when it comes to medical issues is the Cavaliers. They don’t push their members through pain to injury and take care of their members just like people idolize BD over.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, littlejaw said:

The Cavaliers created the idea of component medical teams and pushed it on the whole activity. We used to have kids from other corps come see our staff on tour to be taken care of.

The corps you should have most confidence in when it comes to medical issues is the Cavaliers. They don’t push their members through pain to injury and take care of their members just like people idolize BD over.

This.

One of the reasons the Cavies will standstill is they're less willing to sacrifice the members' well being for the show and more willing to sacrifice the show for the members' well being.   I've always had the sense not an environment where, "Just put me in coach, i can do it" will fly.  

And that makes it an activity leader.

To read the number of standstills as "Cavies are doing it wrong" is misreading it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, KVG_DC said:

This.

One of the reasons the Cavies will standstill is they're less willing to sacrifice the members' well being for the show and more willing to sacrifice the show for the members' well being.   I've always had the sense not an environment where, "Just put me in coach, i can do it" will fly.  

And that makes it an activity leader.

To read the number of standstills as "Cavies are doing it wrong" is misreading it.

Alumni get more fired up about member treatment than placement.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/27/2023 at 10:14 AM, Sensioto said:

The Cavaliers are not the only World Class corps performing standstill exhibitions in recent days. Music City did in McKinney, TX, and the Seattle Cascades opted to in Mesquite, TX.

Music City did not do a standstill.  They performed their full show, music and motion, in uniform, but without guard or props due to wind conditions.

"BLUECOATS UPDATE: Tonight (7/28) the corps will perform a standstill concert of The Garden of Love. Several members of the corps are recovering from a 24-hour stomach virus and we are unable to perform the full program. "

Well, obviously, the Bluecoats don't practice proper hygiene either...and their leadership should resign.  😉

Edited by larry333
add date
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1