Vanguard CEO resigns

1 hour ago, KVG_DC said:

How many years was Magic on hiatus?  I vaguely remember reading some where that a corps doing more than one season of pause has to come back through Open but one just one season they can come back right into World

Magic was inactive in DCI for two years: 2000 & 2001

I believe there is an allowance for corps to take one season off before needing to go back through the Open Class ranks.  Spirit is the most recent example, but if I'm not mistaken... even Pioneer was initially afforded the opportunity to return to World Class in 2020 if they would have met all of the conditions required for reinstatement.

Edited by rjohn76

17 hours ago, Keith Hall said:

So will they compete in Open Class next year?

Troop and Cascades have had years off in the last 15 years and came back in World Class. Spirit will be too

Edited by Jeff Ream

They are currently hemorrhaging members and staff all over the place.  Their problem seems to be caused more by internal bickering than actual lack of assets.  

But, if they found a way to get their XXXX together, would they have to go on first at every show during their return season in 2024 or 2025?

Edited by MikeD
Language
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, craiga said:

They are currently hemorrhaging members and staff all over the place.  Their problem seems to be caused more by internal bickering than actual lack of assets.  

But, if they found a way to get their XXXX together, would they have to go on first at every show during their return season in 2024 or 2025?

Unfortunately, their new financial campaigns have generated a lot of negative feedback on their social media pages.  While there are some positive comments, the negative seems to be outweighing the good.  As a Vanguard fan, I signed up for the "Vanguard Voice" & I hope they get it together... 🤔      

Edited by MikeD
Language

9 hours ago, craiga said:

But, if they found a way to get their XXXX together, 

If XXXX's are no longer going to be used for certain words, some posters might have to cut back on how they type their posts. 

Edited by MikeD
Language

1 hour ago, keystone3ply said:

Unfortunately, their new financial campaigns have generated a lot of negative feedback on their social media pages.  While there are some positive comments, the negative seems to be outweighing the good.  

I cautioned them against posting about their fundraiser on DCP. Comments like those you mentioned on other social media, as well as those in this thread are good indicators of why.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, scheherazadesghost said:

I cautioned them against posting about their fundraiser on DCP. Comments like those you mentioned on other social media, as well as those in this thread are good indicators of why.

There is a line between reporting/discussing news of their fundraising, including how some react negatively to it, and participating in the negative reactions.  

Ignoring negative indicators is part of how SCV got into this mess.  

• Like 3

2 hours ago, scheherazadesghost said:

No matter what they do at this point there is going to be some sort of negative feedback, and honestly after how they ripped off their members they should definitely be on the receiving end of some negativity regardless. They're going to have to do a lot more than just "get their #### together" for them to be in good standing in the majorities eyes at this point. If that's what they even want, because at this point it just seems to be money grab after money grab until further notice.

4 hours ago, scheherazadesghost said:

How are the comments on SCVs Facebook pages or other social media the corps management is on?

I saw the fundraising appeal and “unjoined” the various alum pages as the discourse in my mind has cemented why many alums (including “royalty”) are no longer involved and/or their drum corps kids marched elsewhere. I am also reminded of my own unpleasant age out year, the “less-than-glowing” review my son gave of the org after spending 2016-2018 there, and I’ve been second-guessing whether I should have encouraged him so hard to head north after his 2015 season. 

• Thanks 1