When does it end with SCV??????

The whole lesson around Salem stems from the fact that the witches they were looking for weren't ever real and the teenage girls were making it up all along for entertainment.

None of that applies here. The things that actual alum, former board members and former employees are trying to tell you are valid. And we are expressing our worry on the last forum available to us that doesn't delete what we say.

Y'all can anonymously agree with leadership across every forum available to you. Great. But alum that express genuine concern grounded in fact, not so much. Not without retaliation.

... and most crucially, we're trying to explain our worry for the future safety of members, especially since the Vanguard machine is full speed ahead for 24.

Sure, perhaps some alum are haphazardly out for blood but they're only making things worse. We've been at each other's throats since Gail passed. That's my theory anyway.

Things are unlikely to improve until that part stops. Also out of my hands.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, DFA1970 said:

It has nothing to do with SCV. It's a click bait topic. Obviously something happened or was said in the YouTube video that WGI found objectionable and they took appropriate action. A person who is in their staff also works for SCV. Yet the topic blames SCV for what happened. Ridiculous.

On my screen, the topic just says "When does it end with SCV??????".  Nothing about blaming.

Nothing in the OP posts blaming SCV for the incident either.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DFA1970 said:

It's impossible to prevent someone from acting out. WGI world class age goes way beyond 21. It's unfortunate but blaming a certain person for someone else's behavior is stretching. I employ many people over the years and yes I make sure they try to follow work rules and in a few times I've had to fire those who don't.

########!!!  If the "leadership" of this outfit took being a "leader" seriously and with all necessary care, the person in the cart and everyone else involved would have been at the bus station headed home before retreat started.  That's a cop out.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, skevinp said:

For the record, that’s about all it took in Salem.

Ask a Catholic priest about attacking a group for actions of a few.  My pastor had to stop letting kids hug him for about 2 years because he felt someone was always looking for an excuse to start letting accusations fly.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tenoris4Jazz said:

########!!!  If the "leadership" of this outfit took being a "leader" seriously and with all necessary care, the person in the cart and everyone else involved would have been at the bus station headed home before retreat started.  That's a cop out.

It's the definition of an incompetent leader.  How awful does the culture you create have to be for a group of idiots of any age to act like that?  We're talking basic stuff like "keep your hands to yourself". 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, scheherazadesghost said:

I mean, they're adults. (Is Infinity all 18+? Bigger issues here if not.) They shouldn't need constant supervision by leadership.

Ideally, young adults should be self monitoring up into the point of policy violation level activities. Beyond that, the next closest to them, volunteers and instructors, should've seen this risk of violation a mile away before they got to the floor. Finally, you can guarantee that if any of my former students had ever been seen by me acting like that at a group function, I would have personally, lovingly scruffed and removed them the second I'd been made aware. No muss no fuss, you busted the policy you signed so don't act surprised. And you put the organization at risk. The job at that point involves eliminating risk for everyone, including for the member who thought this was a good idea. Who knows? Perhaps they're the most at risk at that moment... of self harm. Care in that moment is just as important as a good warmup, making sure the food is good, and high fiving the members before they go on. It should be in the leadership dna.

This includes the hypothetical situation that I'd been around for Vanguard's 87 post finals run thru antics, or any of the other examples that've made their way to me.

It's not just leadership. The whole org gets a tomato in the face because the probationary period reflects on the whole org whether they like it or not. In fact, I'll go further to say that WGI and other groups might consider beefing up their policies regarding how to respond to bullying from other groups. Rumor has it we have another group to thank for reporting this behavior in the first place.

Group accountability is what helps me maintain my compassion for my fellow alum, even those who I disagree with, or who have expressed their displeasure with my choices. I can compassionately hold the cognitive dissonance between us because I consider us a team.

It's when they, and other groups disown those who disagree with them or make a youthful mistake that problems arise. Some of those young people made your favorite shows and experiences possible... and, in most cases, are more than worthy of forgiveness. When they get full blame, the staff and leadership don't have to improve.

Sorry Infinity. These are your members and they helped you score higher than ever before. You, and too many of these educationalish orgs, are missing an opportunity to listen and learn from mistakes you made regarding member experience.

Disowning us is easier though. Cause this work is difficult and there's no manual for it.

I understand what you’re saying but it is still ultimate key on leadership to have an element of control over the people, younger or older, that they are responsible for.  It doesn’t matter if the person is 15 or 21, they have a responsibility to behave and leadership needs to know how to get the members to respect their org and their public behavior when at an event line this.  There is no excuse for this, and if actions of this group is representative of their leaderships abilities, the leadership should not be allowed to be in charge of any group in this activity.  You can’t stop bad behavior if someone is intent on acting bad.  But somewhere along the way the bad actors felt comfortably ok to act like they did.  That’s a reflection on inattentive leadership.  That wasn’t spontaneous and original bad behavior.

• Like 4

I think the shopping cart is the least of the issues displayed. I just wonder where they got it. There are no shopping locations near UD Arena. I think they may have brought it with them to haul some stuff around. In any event, I’m not concerned about the cart.

23 hours ago, greg_orangecounty said:

I go waaay back with them and not a fan.  I liked them better as the Bridgemen.  Funny you should bring up 1982 DCI Finals as my SCV friends are talking about the Infinity situation and saying if cell phone cameras existed in 1982 Blue Devils would have been banned for two years.   

many corps would be in multiple circuits.