Corn on DeKalb

Crossmen> Madison…Troopers, I want to like them but not yet. Ballad much improved!

Loving the Troopers show more and more. Looked great on high cam tonight. I look forward to it every night. Great job Troop!

• Like 1

Just now, jameseuph said:

The last set is a scatter. It won’t be that in a couple weeks. 

I meant the curvilinear form before the scatter 

Rather than holding the rope up at the end (?) , wouldn’t it be more exciting to do a fast tightening lasso drill move around the sun? Or at least run the rope around it or something. That sun ain’t never gonna get caught by the end of a rope!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, kdaddy said:

I alluded to this last time... but if they turned OFF the sun periodically, it would matter more when it was ON. Or turn it on later in the show.

I disagree here. The constant steady rotation of the sun represents that relenting, dreading, pounding heat and presence of the sun. It works perfectly for me. 

• Like 6

Just now, kdaddy said:

I alluded to this last time... but if they turned OFF the sun periodically, it would matter more when it was ON. Or turn it on later in the show.

Hmmm... I honestly think that the back-and-forth of off vs. on would distract me more than the constant on. I'd like seeing it turn on later in the show, though, it doesn't need to be on for that whole 10 minutes.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, kdaddy said:

Normally when they lasso it at the end, it stops rotating, which to me makes it make sense that they'd let it spin the whole show. For whatever reason, the sun didn't stop spinning at the end of tonight's performance.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, spacewill said:

I thought I was the only one.  I assume if you wait to debut 9 days after season start that you come out cleaner and with a more complete showing.  That felt like a June 28 show and I also didn't get the concept.  They came out rough last year and improved a lot, but it feels the same this year.  16 tubas is great and they have a big sound at end, but not sure where the show goes.

I watched their preview show last week and I didn't notice the brass like I did tonight. I'll chalk it up to a bad run and maybe tired lips. I'll reserve more judgement until I see the show a 2nd time. I want to see them do well and make finals this year because I know a member of the drumline but I'm having a hard time putting the pieces together on the show.

• Like 2

Ok Colts!  Been awhile since I've seen ya!  Let's see how its cleaning