Devils Crusade(rs) and Sin Along The Rockies 23

6 minutes ago, Super Don-O said:

I really thought Boston was going to win guard tonight. Probably because I'm a horn guy.

It's only one tenth. 

Just now, brassboy said:

Yes, but that's completely irrelevant to my comment.

Yes, again, my lack of reading comprehension skills has bitten me. Funny I'm always #####ing to a coworker about her lack of reading comprehension skills. Don't show her this.

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Chief Guns said:

Welcome to the daily life of a BD fan. 

Hit up @theonlyfizzle he might have a new shipment of "BD Troll Be Gone Repellent" 

It should work for BAC fans if you guys need it. 

The supply is limitless, because the demand is high, you never can get rid of basement pest, so i make sure to never run out of it. BAC I am here when you need a shipment on the express.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Looking at the content numbers alone (over achievement numbers), the gap should be bigger between 1 and 2. Broken Arrow can’t come any sooner. Fun year for DCI ❤️

I genuinely think BD will do a clean sweep of all the caption awards this season. It's that kind of year. Their book across the board in all sections is just bonkers compared to what they've put out the past few years. They just need to continue to clean, clean, clean

• Like 9

4 minutes ago, brassboy said:

So Mandarins' score was good enough to put them in 5th overall of all scores tonight, which puts them in the 4-6 draw group for San Antonio. It's possible (though unlikely) that they could perform AFTER Crown (unless they've changed how they're determining performance order for SA this year).

Troopers scored same as Blue Stars, both are 0.15 behind Cavaliers.  
5th-10th next week in San Antonio could be real interesting.  

Bluuuuuue Smoke! Congrats!

Fantastic performance BAC you were great!

Mandarins showing us that they are here. Congrats on a amazing and electricfy run.

Pacific Crest keep knocking hard on that door. It will open up.

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, Vuitton said:

Well I think it's because they are the four best corps in the activity right now and people have high expectations, get disappointed when their corps doesn't win, and come after these corps because of their success.

If you were around in the mid-80s you would have had this happening to your Cadets, or Garfield as I'll always call them. I always loved them. They were so dignified and classy but the first meeting with them was always an experiment in terror, because they really were the best corps of the mid-to late 80s. Other corps did not like them as much as I. I can tell you that.

'86 was a blood bath. I was in Jr. Scouts and we heard stories all summer of how much they sucked and fans were booing them. I still don't know if that's true, but they sure turned it up finals week (the only time I saw them in '86). I

I was being somewhat sarcastic.  On this forum, there has been some pretty brutal criticism of Cadets.  They don't get the heat much now except for from the alumni 🤣 😢

I was marching Star in 86, and I don't remember them being booed, but we were jealous that they kept beating us 🤣

I was fortunate to go to Garfield in 87 and 88.  Great years for drum corps!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, DFA1970 said:

Yup. BD has only 22 guard caption titles to their name. Sometimes you just have to respond to the absurdity. 

What year did DCI start awarding titles for best guard?  Anyone know?